Unit 2 Touchstone: Creating a Personal Financial Plan
SCENARIO: Imagine that you are in a position where you need to move – this could be because of a change in job, a need to modify your living arrangements, or something else. In addition to searching for different housing, you want to begin saving for a specific financial goal.
You will use the Assignment Template (an Excel file) to create a budget that satisfies the scenario. You’ll also answer reflection questions related to your goals. Please let me know if you have any questions.
This assignment has two parts. In part 1, you will create (in the Excel file) a financial plan based on the scenario described above. You’ll use your productivity skills to organize your plan, and you’ll use your problem solving skills to determine a reasonable rate of savings to reach your goals. Finally, you’ll apply your technology skills to ensure that your budget is balanced, and expenditures (like housing) don’t exceed your employment income.
In part 2, you will answer reflection questions (in the Excel file) about the decisions you made and the skills you leveraged while building your plan.
For this assignment, you will:
• Create a budget for a financial plan using Microsoft Excel, ensuring that the information is organized, accurate, and complete.
• Identify a personal savings goal and a time frame for reaching it.
• Explain how your choice of housing will help you achieve your personal savings goal.
• Align your expenditures to support your goal.
• Reflect on how creating a step-by-step and organized approach to the assignment helps you adjust the financial priorities in your plan.
Download the Excel template below, which further breaks down the steps involved in this assignment. You will return the completed template as your Touchstone submission.
A. Assignment Guidelines
DIRECTIONS: Refer to the lists below throughout the writing process. Do not submit your Touchstone until it meets these guidelines.
1. Creating a Financial Plan
❒ Have you populated the table cells for income, savings, housing, and other expenditures?
❒ Have you selected a rate of savings that is realistic in terms of achieving your financial goal?
❒ Have you verified that the sum of your expenditures (including savings) equals your employment income?
❒ Have you verified that the percent column for the expenditures totals 100%?
2. Reflection Questions
❒ Have you directly answered each question that was asked?
❒ Have you provided sufficient evidence to support each of your answers?
❒ Have you made clear and logical connections between your conclusions and the data used in the annual budget?
❒ Have you referred to the skills in this course, if required by the prompt?
❒ Have you included sufficient detail in your answers?
The following requirements must be met for your submission to be graded:
• Abide by the word count limits where applicable. No answer should exceed 150 words.
• Use a readable 11-point font.
• All writing and data entries must be appropriate for an academic context.
• Writing must be original and customized for this assignment.
• Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited.
• Submission must include your name and the date.
• Include all the assignment components in a single file.
• Acceptable file formacixts include .xls and .xlsx.
- Choose any image from any culture and time period that you would like to discuss from a critical perspective.
- These are your required readings for the course and must be taken seriously. It’s like a workbook online but you need to copy and paste the exercises into Word or do them in Word while looking at them. Go to the module link and you must complete all the reflections, activities, case studies, worksheets, videos and readings for full credit. Then put all of that into a Word Document
- Discuss your own physical and cognitive development or you can discuss a sibling’s if you prefer. If you are a parent, you can discuss your child’s as well. All reflections in this course should be a minimum of two-pages, Times New Roman, 12-font size, double-spaced and no title page. Please only add one double-space before and after the title and between paragraphs.
- Determine who wrote the protocol and request an interview with one or more individuals who were involved in developing the protocol. Interview questions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- What role did family ties and structures and professional/social identities like one’s social caste and one’s family rank play in the lives of people in Upper Guinea? In Guinea in general?
- 1-2 page speech about an individual and/or an organization that has worked with others to address a community problem. (ex, health issues, environmental sustainability, political involvement, poverty). speech should identify individual and their efforts to work with others and non-governmental agencies to improve their community.
- In your informed opinion, are vaccine mandates an overreach by employers? Do they violate an employee’s right to privacy? Why or why not? Note — I seek you INFORMED opinion; this is not an opinion paper. Your opinion must be supported by research and include citations to that supporting research.
- Motivation Essay
- Describe a discrimination issue facing your workplace (you can focus on discrimination based on race, religion, ability, national origin, age, sex, etc.)
- Describe something you learned from the reading, something that was confusing, or a question you have in least 15 words (about 1 sentence). (No quote necessary unless you want to include it. 1 point)