Unit 2 Touchstone: Creating a Personal Financial Plan
SCENARIO: Imagine that you are in a position where you need to move – this could be because of a change in job, a need to modify your living arrangements, or something else. In addition to searching for different housing, you want to begin saving for a specific financial goal.
You will use the Assignment Template (an Excel file) to create a budget that satisfies the scenario. You’ll also answer reflection questions related to your goals. Please let me know if you have any questions.
This assignment has two parts. In part 1, you will create (in the Excel file) a financial plan based on the scenario described above. You’ll use your productivity skills to organize your plan, and you’ll use your problem solving skills to determine a reasonable rate of savings to reach your goals. Finally, you’ll apply your technology skills to ensure that your budget is balanced, and expenditures (like housing) don’t exceed your employment income.
In part 2, you will answer reflection questions (in the Excel file) about the decisions you made and the skills you leveraged while building your plan.
For this assignment, you will:
• Create a budget for a financial plan using Microsoft Excel, ensuring that the information is organized, accurate, and complete.
• Identify a personal savings goal and a time frame for reaching it.
• Explain how your choice of housing will help you achieve your personal savings goal.
• Align your expenditures to support your goal.
• Reflect on how creating a step-by-step and organized approach to the assignment helps you adjust the financial priorities in your plan.
Download the Excel template below, which further breaks down the steps involved in this assignment. You will return the completed template as your Touchstone submission.
A. Assignment Guidelines
DIRECTIONS: Refer to the lists below throughout the writing process. Do not submit your Touchstone until it meets these guidelines.
1. Creating a Financial Plan
❒ Have you populated the table cells for income, savings, housing, and other expenditures?
❒ Have you selected a rate of savings that is realistic in terms of achieving your financial goal?
❒ Have you verified that the sum of your expenditures (including savings) equals your employment income?
❒ Have you verified that the percent column for the expenditures totals 100%?
2. Reflection Questions
❒ Have you directly answered each question that was asked?
❒ Have you provided sufficient evidence to support each of your answers?
❒ Have you made clear and logical connections between your conclusions and the data used in the annual budget?
❒ Have you referred to the skills in this course, if required by the prompt?
❒ Have you included sufficient detail in your answers?
The following requirements must be met for your submission to be graded:
• Abide by the word count limits where applicable. No answer should exceed 150 words.
• Use a readable 11-point font.
• All writing and data entries must be appropriate for an academic context.
• Writing must be original and customized for this assignment.
• Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited.
• Submission must include your name and the date.
• Include all the assignment components in a single file.
• Acceptable file formacixts include .xls and .xlsx.
- Write about Green HRM- Its role in organizational sustainability: Recent research and knowledge emerging in this field.
- Describe the operations that the international firm seeks to perform in a NEW host country (manufacturing, joint venture, or exporting from the home country) and the competition the firm would face there.
- What are some of the opportunities missed in the case?
- Discuss which may be more cost effective vs. which may serve more people.
- Discuss how the quote applies to the main concept being explained in your response.
- Discuss about why a particular situation or setting might call for one type of software over another.
- Describe how classroom evaluation is different from clinical evaluation.
- Can you apply the concepts in the reading to a career in public health?
- What are your strategies for promoting equity in evaluation?
- What was successful and unsuccessful about those responses?