Green Product Summary Assignment
GCM746 has been asked by a retail customer to provide a summary “green brief” on a product that makes sustainability claims on their packaging. Select a commercially available printed packaged product that presents itself as environmentally conscious compared to other competitive products that provide a similar function. Write a 2 page-brief (standard margins, 12pt font, 1.15 spacing, including references; don’t include the questions) describing the product and clearly stating the specific features & benefits which make it a “green” choice. To be written in the third person except for the conclusion which is to be your opinion written in the first person.
Include the following:
/3 A concise introduction to the product, its intended function, and related environmentally conscious considerations (claims, materials, processes, etc.).
/5 Explain the marketing considerations, claims, and user experience of this product. What do they really mean (greenwashing?) and what is the perceived message received by the consumer (UX)?
/7 Investigate the product’s life cycle phases including the issues for which the product has reduced environmental impact when compared with other similar products. (Extraction, Manufacturing, Transportation, End-of-Life). Provide simple data, estimates, or analysis to quantify and comment on the impacts associated with the life cycle phases for the principal material(s) of the packaging system. Explain why this product might be chosen over another within its category.
/3 Conclude your brief with an opinion identifying if characteristics of the product still have potentially negative environmental impacts and suggest opportunities to improve the product even further.
/2 Spelling, grammar, formatting, references. At least 2 references are requircixed – use in-text citations.
- Navigating PFAS Contamination in Illinois Research
- The Power of Motivation Theories in the Workplace Essay
- Advancing APRN Practice in California Essay
- Addressing Co-Occurring Disorders and Developing a Gender-Specific Program for Women Essay
- Mastering Effective Communication: Applying Active Listening in the Digital Age Essay
- My Journey to the University of Florida Essay
- Systems Thinking Approach to Addressing the Tragedy of the Commons in Fisheries Management Research
- The Universe’s Secrets: The James Webb Space Telescope Research
- Celebrating Cultural Diversity: An Exploration of Traditional African Dance in NYC Essay
- Enhancing Kindergarten Science Education Outline