You have worked for Organization XYZ as the Human Resource Director since its inception 10 years ago. Over the last year, the organization’s sales department has experienced very high turnover. It was discovered that many of the sales associates started working for the organization’s competitor due to better benefits. The CEO recently asked you to develop and implement an innovative retention strategy. This will be the first time that the organization has updated their HR practices. Your HR Department has not experienced high turnover and is comprised of senior employees (many who have been there since the organization was founded). Your HR team has expressed their discomfort with changing the current processes. They are afraid that the changes will impact a new culture within the HR Department. This fear of the unknown has your staff reluctant to embrace change.
For this assignment you will write a 3-5 page paper that covers the following:
Present detailed information about an innovative retention strategy that the organization should implement that will be effective and employees will see as motivational.
What type of leadership approach will you use to gain a buy-in within your department? Explain your rationale.
Mention the potential risks that you think will come with your strategy and effective methods to prevent them. Be clear and specific.
Write a 3 – 5 page paper, (900-1200 words), not including the title and reference pages, which are required.
Your paper must be properly cited and formatted according to the CSU Global Writing Center.
Include a formal references page. This is an individual paper; however, you should reflect on our discussion forums and incorporate ideas from there, as appropriate.
You must support your analysis with at least four references (at least two scholarly/peer reviewed), and can include resources from this course.
The CSUGlobal Library (Links to an external site.) is a good place to find these sources. You cannot use Wikipedia or any CSU Global assignment. For this assignment, a credible source is defined as:
A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article.
A government-based website or publication.
A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org and TD.org.
- Medical Misdiagnosis
- What did Nadella bring in terms of his own background (professional and personal) that helped him to be successful in stepping into the CEO role?
- Circular Economy in Yachting Industry
- Personal Essay- Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Reconfiguring managerial strategies through the lens of sustainable development in Romanian companies.
- Leadership Through Film
- Developing an Implementation Plan
- Healthcare professionals would be thrilled if individuals made decisions about what to eat based on a solid knowledge of what constitutes a “healthy diet.” Unfortunately, that is not typically the case. Many people do not know what constitutes a healthy diet. There are also those who do know but make less healthy choices for several reasons.
- Week 6 Discussion – Spiritual Leadership
- Responding to the instructor WEEK 6 NR-505