Case Study Analysis Assignment
For this assignment, you will need to demonstrate your grasp of the approaches to ethical reasoning discussed by applying these frameworks to a concrete situation. Your text list four methods for ethical reasoning in Figure 5.6 as Virtues, Utilitarian, Rights, and Justice. The text provides some information about what these methods are and how to use them, but you will likely need to do more research on them (and cite it) for your submission.
Your response should not to exceed two pages in length, double spaced, size 12 font, Times New Roman. Save the file as: FirstName.LastName.CaseStudy (Johnson.Varghese.CaseStudy)
To complete the assignment, you will:
Read the Forbes article found on this page: CEO Pay Skyrockets To 361 Times That Of The Average Worker
Respond to this prompt:
The article states that “the average wage – adjusted for inflation — has stagnated for more than 50 years. Meanwhile, CEO’s average pay since the 1950s has grown by 1000%.”
There is little question that this is the way of the world, especially for US-based corporations, but is it right? In ethics, the question of right is a question of should, so in asking if it is right you are asking should it be this way.
State and explain the ethical issue and then state your position on the issue (the CEO to average worker pay gap). Should it be more? Should it be less? Is it just right?
Using one (or more) of the four methods of ethical reasoning you have been provided make a case for how CEO pay should be. Your opining should be limited to stating your position. Everything else should line up with, or come out of, one of these methods of ethical reasoning. Each of these frameworks promotes human and social well-being in its own way, shape your position to fit into that basket.
(You have limited space, so you don’t need to explain or describe your framework, just assume everyone knows what you mean when you say, “according to a utilitarian/rights/virtue model we should yadda yadda”)
Finally, this should be written and formatted to read as a report submitted to corporate leadership (e.g., left aligned, no paragraph indentations).
Why did you select this approach?
How does your position advance the well-being of people or society?
Are you thinking about this issue in 360 degrees? Consider – what aren’t you considering?
CITE EVERYTHING that is not an original thought from your head. Any style works (APA, MLA, etc.) but whether it comes from the prompt, the textbook, or some other place, you must make reference to using another’s work. The citations count separately from the response page count.
You are to reach out to me with any questions about the assignment.
Save the file as: FirstName.LastName.CaseStudy (Johnson.Varghese.CaseStudy) when you submcixit it. Rubric here: ECA Rubric.pdf
- Discussion 4: Food Disparity
- Evaluate and critique Pope John Paul II based on the materials read. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ADHERE TO THE ATTACHED PDF CONTAINING INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO WRITE THE PAPER. The attached PDF will show you how to adhere to its instruction regarding formatting and constructing an incisive thesis sentence, with each paragraph presenting one main point defending the thesis.
- gential pain and itching
- Define the factors from case#3 that played a role in each of the three groups. Research outside of the textbook is required for this assignment to obtain in depth information from this incident you must include in your paper. Make sure to include a works cited page following MLA formatting
- The Equal Rights Amendment was first proposed almost a century ago and has still not been added to the United States Constitution.
- In this assignment, you will create an annotated bibliography consisting of seven sources. Each entry will consist of a reference list citation, a summary of the sources information, and a one-sentence assessment. Each annotation should be between 150 to 200 words.
- A cornerstone of learning juvenile justice includes understanding the difference in treatment of juveniles who enter the system versus adults who enter the system. Initially, protective rights were not extended to juveniles. However, through the process of appeal and evaluation by The Supreme Court, juveniles were extended many of the same rights and protections given to adults who came into the formal legal system. Read Kent v US and write a legal brief. A legal brief requires the following: the case title, statement of the issue of the case, the details of the case background, and the way in which the court ruled, with an explanation supporting that ruling. Two pages are required in APA format to include a title page, in-text citations, and a reference page.
- Explain strategies for managing human and financial resources to promote organizational health. Explain how the interdisciplinary plan could be implemented and how the human and financial resources would be managed.
- Research the company on its own website, public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Filings & Forms page, Strayer University’s online databases, Strayer University’s Lexis Advance database, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions. Use the Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness Template [DOCX] to ensure that your assignment meets the requirements.
- Why is a practical, working knowledge of the law important to the security manager and how does it impact their capabilities and services? Although insurance can never be a substitute for a comprehensive security program, what are its primary roles and functions related to security management?