For this Assignment, pretend that you are applying for a position as a clinical psychologist. You have already submitted your resume and application, and have now been moved to the next stage of the interview process! This round requires a research paper providing evidence of your knowledge of mental health and different treatment approaches.
Select a psychological disorder from the DSM-5 that you are likely to deal with in your chosen career. Using the proper APA formatting guidelines, please write a 6-10 page report that specifically addresses all of the following:
Name of this disorder.
Symptoms of this disorder.
Number of people or percentage of the population diagnosed with this disorder each year.
Suspected causes of this disorder.
Write a paragraph for each of the four major schools of psychotherapy (Psychodynamic, Humanistic, Behavioral, and Cognitive). How would each of these different schools of thought approach the treatment of this disorder?
Which therapeutic approach do you think is best for this problem? Why?
What kind of resistance would you expect in treating this kind of problem?
How might the Prochaska Model of Change assist with your treatment efforts? What motivational interviewing strategies might be applied to the treatment of this disorder? Explain.
How might manualized approaches to therapy help or hinder your treatment efforts? Explain.
Discuss any dual diagnosis issues that are likely with this diagnosis. Please include at least one source external to the text to support your conclusions regarding possible dual diagnosis.
Writing Requirements and Assignment Guidelines
Your Assignment should be 6-10 pages, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and unit number, and date
Body: Answer the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
Reference page: Sources in APA format
Include a minimum of three scholarly or peer-reviewed resources to support your responses (the textbook and two others)
Use Arial or Times New Roman 12 point font, double-spaced, and left-aligned
Use standard 1” margins on all sides
Use APA Formatting and Citation style
If you need assistance with APA style, pleacixse visit the Writing Center
- Identify and define relevant concepts clearly for the viewers. (Define capital and your groups specific variety, if it has one.)
- What is the difference between a cross-sectional study and a longitudinal study? What advantages and disadvantages does each method have?
- What are the implications for both employees/subcontractors and the HR function?
- Discuss the key events that have contributed to the evolution of operations management. Please be sure to include specific events, time (year) and who was involved (the individual’s name or company). Please provide at least three (3) factors and the events.
- Research and describe a patient story that was caused by that sentinel event topic. For example, if the sentinel event alert is about Fires in the Operating rooms, then you must research and find a story about a patient impacted by a fire in the OR.
- * Why is the problem important in the area of corporate crime or regulation of corporate crime?
- Discussion Thread: Price
- Literature Review : Identity Development in 8th graders
- Select a publicly-traded company that is traded on U.S. exchange. Locate the annual report for at least the last three fiscal years.
- summarize the key points of each chapter, and show how those points are related to each other. In the final paragraph, please explain your own thoughts and interpretations of the material.