Police discretion can lead to multiple moral dilemmas for police officers and police organizations. Chapter 2 in your text and the Cops and Ethics (Links to an external site.) video explore ethical situations often faced by police officers (Barber, 2010). For this discussion, develop at least three guidelines for police agencies to use in creating a police discretion policy. Detail the potential negative consequences of such a policy. Your discussion should include specific examples to support your policies.
Guided Response: As you choose your guidelines, focus on the difficulty of writing policy for all situations. Routinely, inside and outside of the field of criminal justices, organizations and corporations are routinely updated and revised. The need for revisions is often due in large part to the realization that no policy can cover all contingencies. Does drafting your own policy provide you with an appreciation of the difficulties for creating universal, ethical policies?
Banks, C. (2016). Criminal justice ethics: Theory and practice (4th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu
Chapter 2: Police Ethics: The Nature of Policing and Police Corruption
Chapter 6: The Purpose of Criminal Punishment
Chapter 8: Ethics in Correction: Guarding Ethically
Barber, R. (Writer & Producer). (2010). Cops and ethics (Links to an external site.) [Series episode]. In R. Barber (Executive producer), In the Line of Duty, Volume 13. Retrieved from the https://secure.films.com/OnDemandEmbed.aspx?token=52652&aid=18596&loid=187589&plt=FOD&w=420&h=315&fWidth=440&fHeight=365
The full-length version of this video is available in the Films On Demand database located in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. This video explores the ethical situations faced by real police officers. It will assist you in responding to this weeks discussion, Ethics and the Police.
- How to use EViews to implement the econometric techniques we have discussed in the module.
- Create a new product or service to be introduced by your company. How does marketing support your company’s mission, objectives, and growth strategies?
- Smartphones are good for us but how do They make life easier.
- Submit a Proposition or Opposition persuasive essay (i.e., one essay) on the motion. Make a complete argument either for (Proposition) or against (Opposition) the motion, using sourced evidence to substantiate your points.
- Write a description of each individual song or instrumental piece performed, describe the concert environment. Include the following: A description of the physical layout of the performance hall or venue.
- Write an assignment emphasizing the practical application of Mental Health First Aid training. Briefly highlight the significance of extending this knowledge beyond traditional settings and exploring unconventional avenues to benefit a diverse range of individuals.
- Choose one local store(ex Aldi,Lidl) from Coventry and apply the instructions from assignment guide line. Create a firm for you as independent consultant who will conduct this research ,hired by Local Council Coventry.
- Write a Practical Report where you will need to analyse data in JASP and interpret the output to answer questions about the associations between intelligence, personality, and satisfaction with life.
- Write a 3 Pages MLA format Research paper about Artificial Photosynthesis and its applications in our life.
- What is the cause of the disease diagnosis clinical signs and symptoms symptoms = history from the patient signs = physical findings from examining a patient lab findings imaging studies = X-rays, CT scan, MRI, etc.