Chapter 8 in your text explores the ethical dilemmas faced by prison officials within the U.S. corrections system. For this discussion, evaluate the ethical issues involved with modern trend of privatizing correctional institutions. What are the moral pitfalls of removing correctional facilities from the public sector (and therefore public review) and placing large segments of society into private correctional facilities? Examine both practical considerations and societal moral views in your discussion.
Guided Response: Most people involved with the criminal justice system are instinctively suspicious of the privatization of prisons in the United States. Is this distrust warranted? In your examination of the morality of prison privatization, make sure to include analyses concerning accountability, integrity of processes, and the inherent potential conflict of interest for the incentive of private companies to make a profit.
Banks, C. (2016). Criminal justice ethics: Theory and practice (4th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu
Chapter 2: Police Ethics: The Nature of Policing and Police Corruption
Chapter 6: The Purpose of Criminal Punishment
Chapter 8: Ethics in Correction: Guarding Ethically
Barber, R. (Writer & Producer). (2010). Cops and ethics (Links to an external site.) [Series episode]. In R. Barber (Executive producer), In the Line of Duty, Volume 13. Retrieved from the https://secure.films.com/OnDemandEmbed.aspx?token=52652&aid=18596&loid=187589&plt=FOD&w=420&h=315&fWidth=440&fHeight=365
The full-length version of this video is available in the Films On Demand database located in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. This video explores the ethical situations faced by real police officers. It will assist you in responding to this weeks discussion, Ethics and the Police.
- Write a final paper. This paper should be about 12 pages doubled-spaced and should be submitted through canvas by the date of the final. You have broad discretion to choose a topic of your own, so long as it falls within the general theme of the course.
- How to use EViews to implement the econometric techniques we have discussed in the module.
- Create a new product or service to be introduced by your company. How does marketing support your company’s mission, objectives, and growth strategies?
- Smartphones are good for us but how do They make life easier.
- Submit a Proposition or Opposition persuasive essay (i.e., one essay) on the motion. Make a complete argument either for (Proposition) or against (Opposition) the motion, using sourced evidence to substantiate your points.
- Write a description of each individual song or instrumental piece performed, describe the concert environment. Include the following: A description of the physical layout of the performance hall or venue.
- Write an assignment emphasizing the practical application of Mental Health First Aid training. Briefly highlight the significance of extending this knowledge beyond traditional settings and exploring unconventional avenues to benefit a diverse range of individuals.
- Choose one local store(ex Aldi,Lidl) from Coventry and apply the instructions from assignment guide line. Create a firm for you as independent consultant who will conduct this research ,hired by Local Council Coventry.
- Write a Practical Report where you will need to analyse data in JASP and interpret the output to answer questions about the associations between intelligence, personality, and satisfaction with life.
- Write a 3 Pages MLA format Research paper about Artificial Photosynthesis and its applications in our life.