The nature/nurture debate within psychology is concerned with the extent to which particular aspects of behavior are a product of either inherited (genetic) or acquired (learned) characteristics. This exercise will help you explore that debate by looking at one specific behavior, aggression.
Bandura’s (1977) social learning theory states that aggression is learned from the environment through observation and imitation (nurture). He concludes this, in part, from the results of his famous Bobo doll experiment (Bandura, 1961). Review the Bobo experiment here: Bobo (Links to an external site.) Experiment (Links to an external site.).
Reflect on the following issues:
Where do you stand on the nature/nurture debate? Is aggression a learned behavior? Please provide specific examples to your point of view.
Discuss your thoughts on the experiment and its relevance to the debate. Do you see any potential flaws or underlying factors that may not be reflected in the analysis here?
Suggest at least one implication for society if children do learn predominantly by imitation.
Write a 23 page paper (not including the title page and reference page) referencing at least two sources (you may cite the website provided here for the Bobo doll experiment as one of your sources. Refer to the Bobo doll experiment, but do not summarize it.)
Use current APA Style and include a title page and reference page.
- Identify and define relevant concepts clearly for the viewers. (Define capital and your groups specific variety, if it has one.)
- What is the difference between a cross-sectional study and a longitudinal study? What advantages and disadvantages does each method have?
- What are the implications for both employees/subcontractors and the HR function?
- Discuss the key events that have contributed to the evolution of operations management. Please be sure to include specific events, time (year) and who was involved (the individual’s name or company). Please provide at least three (3) factors and the events.
- Research and describe a patient story that was caused by that sentinel event topic. For example, if the sentinel event alert is about Fires in the Operating rooms, then you must research and find a story about a patient impacted by a fire in the OR.
- * Why is the problem important in the area of corporate crime or regulation of corporate crime?
- Discussion Thread: Price
- Literature Review : Identity Development in 8th graders
- Select a publicly-traded company that is traded on U.S. exchange. Locate the annual report for at least the last three fiscal years.
- summarize the key points of each chapter, and show how those points are related to each other. In the final paragraph, please explain your own thoughts and interpretations of the material.