Introduction: This assignment will give you an opportunity to critically evaluate an episode of a Children’s TV show through the lens of a developmental psychological perspective. You are asked to examine and explore language, gender, and cultural developmental aspects of the show and critique these based on Early childhood development.
TV Show Selection: You can pick any episode of a children’s TV show of your choosing. (YOU CAN USE THE FIRST EPISODE OF SOFIA THE FIRST.)
Review the blog entry questions below before watching the show and take notes during the show in preparation for your blog entry.
Blog Entry: Structure your blog entry based on the following questions:
1. Introduction: What TV show did you watch? What was its format (cartoon, live action)? Who is the primary audience for the show (age, cultural background, gender, etc.)? Give a brief overview of what you will cover in your blog entry.
2. Language: What did you notice about the language used on the show? Pick 1-2 concepts or research findings from language development studies,(Jean Berko) compare these apply to the TV show (e.g., were there examples of “pragmatics” in the show?). How might language in the show impact children’s language development?
3. Gender: What were some of the gender stereotypes (e.g., aggressive male figures)? How might these stereotypes impact development?
4. Culture: What would be relevant cultural critiques of the TV show? How might these critiques impact development?
5. Conclusion: Based on your knowledge of toddlerhood and early childhood, what would be your overall assessment of the TV show? What were the key take-aways for you in terms of the developmental impact of the TV show? What would be some suggestions for changes to the TV show given your knowledcixge of Developmental Psychology thus far?
- Focus on how the employees that were NOT layd off . How are the behaviors and work ethics change after they witness their colleagues leave
- Comment on the interaction between the child and adult. What language facilitating supports did the parent/caregiver use? b. include any nonverbal communication used by the parent and the purpose of the non-verbal communication. c. comment on whether the language faciliative strategies used by the parent supported the child’s overall language development? If so, why
- Prepare paper’s thesis to be on what makes people happy.
- Write a final paper. This paper should be about 12 pages doubled-spaced and should be submitted through canvas by the date of the final. You have broad discretion to choose a topic of your own, so long as it falls within the general theme of the course.
- How to use EViews to implement the econometric techniques we have discussed in the module.
- Create a new product or service to be introduced by your company. How does marketing support your company’s mission, objectives, and growth strategies?
- Smartphones are good for us but how do They make life easier.
- Submit a Proposition or Opposition persuasive essay (i.e., one essay) on the motion. Make a complete argument either for (Proposition) or against (Opposition) the motion, using sourced evidence to substantiate your points.
- Write a description of each individual song or instrumental piece performed, describe the concert environment. Include the following: A description of the physical layout of the performance hall or venue.
- Write an assignment emphasizing the practical application of Mental Health First Aid training. Briefly highlight the significance of extending this knowledge beyond traditional settings and exploring unconventional avenues to benefit a diverse range of individuals.