In this final assignment, you will use the financial analysis process to answer questions as a manager for a retail company. To understand how the data is used in the process, review the following questions.
Financial Analysis Process (Recap):
-What does the reported data mean?
-What are the relationships between the various data points?
-What aspects of the business are performing well? Poorly?
-How is your store performing within your district?
-How is the store performing compared to the competition?
-Can we improve the product mix?
-What is driving the stores business?
Complete the following questions as they relate to a retail business. Conduct external research to complete the assignment.
1. Review this Example Sales Report by Product
2. Select an under-performing product
3. Develop an action plan to improve performance. Include the following elements:
Historical information – Present probable causes for the low performance (internal, external, display of product, etc.)
Current information – Discuss current sales trends that are impacting performance
Future growth plans – Forecast your sales expectations and explain your rationale
Present your action plan in a four-page (minimum) paper. Please note this is not a full APA paper requirement. This is preparatory skill-building. Use three outside research sources for this assignment.
- Select an article from a web site, book, newspaper, magazine, or journal. Imagine that you are delivering an evaluation to the author.
- The methodology section is one of the core components of the grant. This section is concerned with addressing the question: How will you carry out the project?
- CT5 class 1 – Option #1: Income Statement and Balance Sheet Presentation
- CT 3 – Class 1 – Breakeven Executive Summary
- Deaths due to opioid/heroin overdoses have increased dramatically over the last decade.
- case study 7
- Final Paper on “Seven Myths of Native American History
- Review the information at the American Red Cross web site regarding Blood and Blood Needs at http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-facts-and-statistics. Post your comments about the information on this page that was new to you or surprised you. Post your thoughts of about 300 words by Friday. Respond to at least two classmates posts by Sunday. Remember to include your in-text citations and references – properly formatted!
- C.S. Lewis’ novel The Great Divorce.
- Describe an existing organization with which you have had personal experience and its objective(s).