The purpose of this Assignment is to help you learn to conduct a review of the literature, correctly identify the level of evidence of primary sources on the evidence hierarchy, and to critique the important aspects of a scholarly research report.
1. Choose a nursing sensitive topic from the list below. Go to the University library and conduct a search of the literature and find 2 scholarly primary research reports that relate to the clinical topic you chose.
List of 13 nurse-sensitive outcomes:
Nursing Hours per Patient Day.
Patient Falls with Injury.
Pressure Ulcer Rate.
Pediatric Pain Assessment, Intervention, Reassessment (AIR) Cycle.
Pediatric Peripheral Intravenous Infiltration.
Psychiatric Physical/Sexual Assault.
You may also choose from the following clinical topics:
2. Write a brief 2-3-page critical essay paper summarizing the two research studies. This paper should be written in standard American English with proper grammar and spelling. The paper should include a title page, running head, and page numbers; it should be double spaced, have a separate page for references that follows 6th edition APA formatting and citation style.
3. Your paper should include the following:
A title page in APA format
An introductory paragraph which includes a brief discussion of the objectives of your paper.
The body of the paper should include:
> a summary and critique/appraisal of each article with a discussion of methodology and research design the researchers used. The writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
> where you would place the article in the evidence hierarchy (level of research evidence) with rationale.
> a brief discussion of the findings of the study
4. The paper should include 3-5 scholarly references.
Minimum Submission Requirements
This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word (minimum 350 words) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
Your paper must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
Your paper should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
A separate page at the end of your research paper should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations were appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the APA formatting and citation style found in the Writing Center. To access the Writing Center, select this link. (It should include a cover sheet, paper is double spaced, in Times New Roman 12-point font, correct citations, Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors, and correct references at the bottom of the last page.)
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
- Navigating Personal Context Research
- Ethical Dilemmas in Animal Entertainment: Insights from ‘Blackfish’ Documentary Essay
- Employment Structure in a Tech-Advanced Backpack Company Essay
- Navigating the Evolving Environmental Health Marketplace Essay
- Unparalleled Commitment through Community Service: A Deserving Scholarship Candidate’s Journey Essay
- The Role of Cultural Competency in Public Health Essay
- Analyzing the Impact of Social Media on Loneliness Among Young Adults Research
- Unveiling the Complexities of Color Blindness Response
- Optimizing Habitat Strategies for Monarch Butterflies and Endangered Species in West Houston Discussion
- Self-Assessment Journey, Strategic Leadership Benefits, and Development Strategies for Early Career Leaders Essay