Application: Strategic Family Therapy
Based on the following vignette, using strategic family therapy, complete the following in your post:
Discuss how you will engage this family from a strategic lens.
Discuss what the goals for therapy might be.
List two or three techniques you may apply that are typically associated with strategic family therapy models. Include a discussion of the rationale for choosing these techniques.
Describe key aspects of cultural diversity and how you might attend to them.
Nirisha, a high school senior, is expected to work full-time in her family’s restaurant chain after graduation, where she has worked during the summer and on school breaks since middle school. Nirisha’s mother told her she could earn a salary and move into the management of the successful restaurant chain. It is obvious to Nirisha that her parents are very proud of this booming business started by Nirisha’s grandfather, who immigrated to the United States from India. It is also obvious to Nirisha that her parents intend for her to take over the business someday. However, Nirisha wants to be a graphic artist is not interested in the family business.
Nirisha has always been artistic and creative, and she has won many awards in school for her work. Her art and design teacher, Ms. Guerra, told her that she should consider attending the state university, where she could probably qualify for a scholarship. The problem is that Nirisha knows how disappointed her parents would be if she said she did not want to go into the family business. Nirisha’s parents think college is impractical. Nirisha’s younger sister, Sadguna, has a business mind, yet their father does not seem to be aware of that.
Nirisha feels torn, and she knows she should start applying for colleges soon. Her parents think she should be thinking about her future in the restaurant business. This has really started to cause problems in the family. Traditionally, in Nirisha’s family’s culture, children do what their parents want them to do, without question. No one in the family has ever talked to a therapist before, as far as she knows. Their family and extended family are very close-knit, and they do not really believe in turning to outsiders. If they had problems, they would never let anyone know it. Nirisha does not know what to do.
- Discuss the main function of electrolytes and what happens if the electrolytes are out of balance. What does electrolyte balance have to do with execution by lethal injection? Based on what you find, discuss as a class if you think lethal injection is humane or inhumane. If you think lethal injection is inhumane, examine a better alternative.
- Choose a problem that affects a wide number of people. Develop your argument by explaining the problem, stating your solution, and providing strong supporting details to support your proposed solution.
- Select one of the unit concepts to research. Find a current event in an article through Park’s library, that will illustrate that concept.
- The paper needs to include information from the topics “I’m Beautiful but Hire Me Anyway”, “The Beauty Advantage”, and “Woman Valued for Physical Attractiveness “. Feel free to include any other research or information you find after including these. Please follow the order of the rubric I upload all the necessary information rubric, the structure of the essay, etc.
- Analyze the value of networking and begin development of a plan.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of one of the important arguments encountered, i.e. explain what makes an argument or point of view convincing or unconvincing. Concentrate on explaining how economic reasoning, models, and/or evidence are or could be used to weaken or strengthen the argument discussed.
- Federal protection for voting rights, long considered a matter of state law, has expanded dramatically since the founding era. Discuss the constitutional amendments that have brought about the expansion, commenting also on the historical context of each.
- How is newness brought into the world? Compare and contrast how Anne Bradstreet’s “The Author to Her Book” and Mina Loy’s “Feminist manifesto” represent creativity / creation.
- Develop a business plan to start or manage a practice, identify SWOT analysis, marketing plan, key stakeholders, reimbursement, insurance issues, a solid budget plan (expense and revenue sheet)
- Ways Teens Can Avoid Social Media Affecting Their Mental Health