Choose a recent (no older than one year) article (newspaper, magazine, industry journal) that relates with one of a management function and write an article review paper.
Submit an APA formatted Word document approximately 5 – 7 pages not including cover and reference page.
Article Analysis Worksheet
An article review is a piece of writing where you summarize and assess another person’s article. It entails a logical evaluation of the central theme of the article, supporting arguments and implications for further research.
TIPS of getting started:
Define the main idea: When reading for the 1st time, concentrate on the overall impression. Brainstorm ideas on what the author wanted to tell and think whether he or she has managed to reach the goal.
Look up unknown terms. Dont know the meaning of certain words and expressions? Highlight them and don’t forget to check what they mean using reliable sources of information.
Highlight the most significant ideas. When reading for the 2nd time, take a highlighter to emphasize the most vital ideas for understanding the article.
Write an outline. A well-written outline will ease your life significantly. All your thoughts will be grouped. The detailed plan helps not miss anything important. Think of those questions that should be answered in the process of writing.
Brainstorm title ideas. When choosing an article, bear in mind: it should reflect the main idea. Make it eye-catching and concise.
Check an article review format example. You should check whether you know how to cite an article using the proper style.
Write a good introduction. Provide the central ideas presented in work in just one brief paragraph. Make an accent on the key concepts and arguments of the author. Include a thesis at the end of the introduction.
Write in a formal style. Use the third-person and remember that this assignment should be written in accordance with a formal academic writing style.
Summarize, provide your critique, and conclude. Express your opinion on whether the author has achieved his or her goal or not. Mention the drawbacks of the work if there are any and highlight its strong points as well.
Great video for how to write an article review.
- Explain how shaving 5% off the estimated direct labor-hours in the base for the predetermined overhead rate usually results in a big boost in net operating income at the end of the fiscal year.
- Write about South Africa’s withdrawal from the Commonwealth upon becoming a republic in 1961.
- Explain how your experience coming from a low income household helped has shape who you are?
- Write about union formation, labour strikes and collective bargaining as all three are related to the general theme/topic of trade unionism.
- Identify the link between media and risk perception using a mix method of research having face to face interviews and sent out a questionnaire, the literature review is vital for success.
- Explain the appearance of any damsels in distress, heroes, or romancewhat purpose does this element serve?
- Discuss offenders focus of interests, the type of relationship he makes with the target (i.e., with the victim), the offenders thinking process in terms of what he uses to select the circumstances of the offense, the risks factored into the account (i.e., risks he accepts before committing those crimes).
- What are some ways in which you can avoid these health problems by accurately responding to a stressful situation?
- Provide your position on disaster diplomacy and if it can be applied to real-world situations. Is this a realistic concept or idealistic wishful thinking that, at best, produces only temporary, transitory benefits?
- Analyze the roles and goals of drug courts, including discussion of the history of the courts and Judge Jeffrey Taubers role. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of these specialized courts.