In this project, you will write the introductory paragraph of a history paper based on one of the questions you identified in your topic exploration worksheet. To
do this, however, you must first find out a bit more information about your topic and draft a research plan. This will allow you to transform your question about
your topic into a thesis statement, as well as give you the background information you will need to craft an interesting introductory paragraph. You will not write
the entire paper, just the introduction to the paper that concludes with a thesis statement. The following critical elements will be assessed in a Word document
that combines both your research plan (Critical Elements I and II) and your introduction (Critical Element III).
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
I. Write your introduction.
A. Write your introduction. Be sure to incorporate your background information and to conclude with your thesis statement.
B. Based on your primary and secondary source research, turn your research question into a thesis statement that addresses your topic and how it
has been influenced by its historical context.
II. Use primary and secondary sources that address the historical context of your topics to respond to the following critical elements. Be sure to cite your
information using the most recent version of APA guidelines. Based on the sources you have selected, address the following questions:
A. Summarize the topic using primary and secondary sources. In other words, what was going on in the world/area/society around the event?
B. Discuss how the historical context impacted the topic. For instance, what was happening in the world/area/society around the event that
impacted how it occurred?
Project 2 Rubric
Guidelines for Submission: Your historical context and introduction should be 2 to 3 pages in length. Use double spacing, one-inch margins, and 12-point Times
New Roman font. Use the most current version of APA style. You will use the Historical Context and Introduction Template to complete this assignment.
*Please note: The Historical Context and Introduction Template (which is the assignment that has to be completed) is attached for your review. In the template, I already have an existing research question which I’d like to use for this assignment. Therefore, please keep the existing research question and complete the assignment with that question as a reference. I’ve also attached a previously completed assignment (See Historical Context Chart) which seems to be related. In the previously completed assignment, I had to pick 2 secondary sources (please use these 2 secondary sources to complete this assignment), then explain in the chart what each source tells you about the historical context of a chosen event and how it relates to your topic. Afterwards, I had to explain how the context provided by the source will help you write your thesis statement, answering your research question.
- Write an essay on “what are current HR problems in this organization?”
- Explain and evaluate the impact of standards and regulations on the management of health information.
- What is the issue with abortion right now in terms of public health?
- Discuss what you will gain from an education at the UCSF School of Pharmacy that might be unique from other schools you are considering.
- Describe how your personal, educational, and professional background will help you achieve your goals.
- Explain how local governments can collaborate and continue to provide quality public services?
- Explain the biological (genetic and neuroscientific); psychological (behavioral and cognitive processes, emotional, developmental); and social, cultural, and interpersonal factors that influence the development of psychopathology.
- Explain how your educational, employment or other extracurricular experiences have provided you an opportunity to actively engage with diverse populations and/or address health disparities.
- What are the precipitating factors found in those that commit acts of mass violence.
- Discuss Synthetic Marijuana and Hallucinogens such as K2, Ecstasy, Molly.