Length: 8001,000 words
Due: After completing Unit 4 but before beginning Unit 5
Write a comparison/contrast essay on one of the following topics. Decide which kind of organization (block pattern or point-by-point pattern) is appropriate. Follow MLA style for formatting.
Note: Students are invited to participate in a peer-editing process by posting this essay on the discussion board on the course website. If you choose to post your essay, simply include your name without any other personal identifiers.
Write an essay in which you clarify or explain an object or concept using comparison or contrast. You may use a topic that is concrete and drawn from daily life (home-schooling versus traditional schooling, for example, or yoga versus Pilates, or working at home versus working out of the home, or cooking with a slow cooker versus a microwave) or topics that are more abstract and complex (direct democracy versus proportional representation, for example).
Using Margaret Cavendishs essay On Social Class and Happiness as an example, write your own comparison/contrast essay on something and happiness. Examples: On Exercise and Happiness, On Political Engagement and Happiness, On Volunteering and Happiness, On Health and Happiness, On Marriage and Happiness, or On Facebook and Happiness. Take note of what makes the Cavendish piece a comparison/contrast essay, and be sure your essay is also a comparison/contrast essay.
Using Marvin Harriss essay Pig Lovers and Pig Haters as an example, write a comparison/contrast essay about another lover/hater dichotomy. Examples: On Baseball Lovers and Baseball Haters, On Book Lovers and Book Haters, On Trudeau Lovers and Trudeau Haters, or On Tree Huggers and Tree Haters.
You can see that the second and third options suggest infinite possibilities.
Include references to at least three secondary sources. Put those sources in a works cited at the end of the paper.
- Discuss the way in which rigid gender expectations from society may become oppressive for both men and women. Provide documented examples to illustrate your points.
- Write a fake cover letter to substitute teaching to Elementary education classes (k-5). Discuss how working in this school will benefit you, students, and the school itself. And any other important information.
- environmental science class
- How is Anthropology Applied In The Field of Medicine
- “Although child sexual abuse is far from new, public attention and response to child sexual abuse has crimes has fluctuated in the United States. Explain this evolution, using examples from history to support your answer.”
- The relationship between karma and rebirth
- Transcendental Meditation – Eastern versus Western Techniques
- Health Promotion Plan
- Select one of the following foreign countries: China, Germany, Japan, Mexico or the United Kingdom, and provide a country profile discussing the topics outlined below.