Length: 8001,000 words
Due: After completing Unit 4 but before beginning Unit 5
Write a comparison/contrast essay on one of the following topics. Decide which kind of organization (block pattern or point-by-point pattern) is appropriate. Follow MLA style for formatting.
Note: Students are invited to participate in a peer-editing process by posting this essay on the discussion board on the course website. If you choose to post your essay, simply include your name without any other personal identifiers.
Write an essay in which you clarify or explain an object or concept using comparison or contrast. You may use a topic that is concrete and drawn from daily life (home-schooling versus traditional schooling, for example, or yoga versus Pilates, or working at home versus working out of the home, or cooking with a slow cooker versus a microwave) or topics that are more abstract and complex (direct democracy versus proportional representation, for example).
Using Margaret Cavendishs essay On Social Class and Happiness as an example, write your own comparison/contrast essay on something and happiness. Examples: On Exercise and Happiness, On Political Engagement and Happiness, On Volunteering and Happiness, On Health and Happiness, On Marriage and Happiness, or On Facebook and Happiness. Take note of what makes the Cavendish piece a comparison/contrast essay, and be sure your essay is also a comparison/contrast essay.
Using Marvin Harriss essay Pig Lovers and Pig Haters as an example, write a comparison/contrast essay about another lover/hater dichotomy. Examples: On Baseball Lovers and Baseball Haters, On Book Lovers and Book Haters, On Trudeau Lovers and Trudeau Haters, or On Tree Huggers and Tree Haters.
You can see that the second and third options suggest infinite possibilities.
Include references to at least three secondary sources. Put those sources in a works cited at the end of the paper.
- Which strategy should business rely on more? Differentiation or Cost Leadership? Why? Use an example of a local business (can be more than one) to differentiate the two theories and explain weigh up the better option.
- Business Law Analysis pt 1
- 1. In which way did Bill Clinton create a budget surplus in the Federal budget? 2. If you were to remember Clinton’s Presidency, would you define it by scandals or economic stability? 3. What were the reasons George W Bush got America into the Iraq
- Choose one provision from the ANA Code of Ethics. How is ethical behavior an integral part of being a nurse leader? How does one communicate the characteristics of a role model with this provision? Do ethics influence the leadership style of the nurse leader?
- Discussion Response Supporting a Thesis Statement
- Nursing Dilemma
- Discuss three bases of individual power from the article (reward, legitimate, etc.) which you find in your workplace or other areas of your life.
- Consider how it makes your field more reliable, better analyses, detecting weaknesses and emergencies. You may give as many examples of math as you would like.
- Research paper on why there should be stricter gun control laws in the United States.
- APPLICATION ESSAY UNDER 200 WORDS