This study will examine OTT networks; impact on shared cultural memories or the collective memory shared by a group of people, considering that today’s advanced communication channels can allow instant communication regardless of geographical location. Through the semi-structured interviews, the study will seek to gain insights from the respondents regarding how they share information, experiences, and ideas on the content they have watched with the rest of the world. Considering that the OTT networks serve a global community, exploring these platforms and; their impact on shared cultural memories and values will be essential. Hence, it will be essential to determine how the change from sharing content with one’s social circle to sharing ideas and experiences on programs watched with the world affects the global shared cultural perceptions and memories.
The proposed study follows a qualitative research approach using semi-structured interviews as the primary method. This study aims to understand how people watch video content on OTT networks, what content they usually watch, where they are watching it, and ultimately how they share that content with society. This study will use a framework and perspectives from the participants to view these users’ video streaming routines. The goal is to find participants subscribed to one or more video streaming services.
Theory is a way of seeing, a way of describing an aspect of the world around us. Littlejohn et al. (2017) defined theory as “any organized set of concepts, explanations, and principles that depicts some aspect of human experience” (p. 7). Theories help explain and describe phenomena by providing conceptual frameworks for building knowledge. Lindlof and Taylor (2019) defined communication theory as “any systematically developed account of communication that seeks to explain what it is and how it works.”
Write about the following three theoretical frameworks, Media Richness Theory, Media Dependency Theory, and Limited Effects Theory, and how they apply to Over-the-top (OTT) networks and the loss of Shared Collective Memory in society.
Each theoretical framework (Media Richness Theory, Media Dependency Theory, and Limited Effects Theory) should include the following sub-sections:
Background of the Theoretical Framework
Current State of the Theoretical Framework
Applying the Theoretical Framework to OTT Networks and the loss of Shared Collective Memory in society.
Must include 25 scholarly journal articles and/or other credible
Read the attached theoretical example
- Race IAT & Reflection
- Explain how society has used the judicial system and the penitentiary industrial complex as a way of stripping the rights of citizens and controlling people.
- Difference in VO2max and the Ventilatory Threshold Between Elite and Recreational Cyclists
- Self Esteem
- Argument/Discussion: LGBTQ in Racial Contract? White Supremacy vs LGBTQ
- How is the reality you observe different from what is predicted based on current theory/literature? (that’s your reflection on the need of research)
- After reviewing the chapters, download the Financial and Operating Ratios Assignment template Download Financial and Operating Ratios Assignment template.
- Cryptocurrency in the business management and international relations environment in Western Europe.
- Biofilms and their tolerance to antibiotics
- Beauty comes in all forms. It is a social idea, a point of view. Research ” beauty” in different time periods and/ or different cultures and analyze why these constructs were or are considered beautiful, decipher reasons. Identify the time period with historical or cultural context.