Topic: Will eating disorders increase within the next few years in the United States? If so what can we do to decrease the probability?
Your major writing assignment, the exciting opportunity, is to complete an inquiry-driven thesis-offering research projecta project for which you conduct research to explore a question and substantiate, offer, or test a thesis or hypothesis.
Typically, such a project reviews, synthesizes, responds to, and draws upon what others have said about the question, thesis, or hypothesis of interest and offers a research-informed perspective, opinion, thesis, or hypothesis for the audiences consideration.
For the purposes of this course, its essential that the question be one about which theres an appropriate degree of uncertainty or diversity of opinionnot a question whose answer we can look up in some authoritative text, and not a question whose answer is something obvious or clich.
As long as your question meets that constraint, the question can be psychological, ethical, social, political, philosophical, rhetorical, etc. Your research project can complement and develop work youve already done. Your research question can be related to the work you did in your essay of belief. Or your research project can be an opportunity to explore a question that genuinely interests you and that you havent explored yet in this course.
Also essential is that the project make use of academic research methods, academic databases, and an academic style of source documentation (like MLA style). For this reason, Im requiring that the final essay have at least five references, including at least three scholarly works (scholarly journal articles or scholarly book chapters) accessed through online academic databases available to you through the college library. Ill explain how to find and cite scholarly sources in future workshops.
- What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?
- Do you agree with President Jackson’s conclusions of the necessity for an Indian Removal Policy?
- Is it possible to teach someone to love reading?
- Why is the murder of Lady Macduff and her dramatically necessary? Consider what the murder reveals about Macbeth and the effect the murder has/will have on Macduff and other noblemen.
- Bail Trap by Nick Pinto
- Management Control Report
- How would you solve the moral dilemma of Janet Moore? Try to put yourself in her place. What would you decide and why? Explain the reasons for your decision carefully.
- Project purpose idea: neighborhood community board assessing the risks involved if Con Edison continues with a (specific) project. Transition Risk being the focus- economic losses from a business changing policies and production to more energy efficient methods
- Animal parts used in Fashion industry or Fashion buisness and affecting animal welfare and ethics
- Analysis of W T. Stead’s The Maiden Tribute