Exercise: Country Analysis You are an executive for an American based company trying to decide if you should be doing business in your country of choice (remember you choose one country for everyone in the group and you can share information you collect on the discussion board but this is ultimately a individual assignment). Each one of you has to write an individual 5-page report that expresses your unique answers & recommendations (excluding graphs and tables if you include them and references).Your analysis should address the following questions and then make a recommendation for your company to enter or not enter the market based on country factors and opportunities & a recommendation for how your country could be a good corporate citizen in your chosen country.
Please do not just express opinion but rather justify every statement with either data or some international management logic that we discussed in our lectures.
In your paper, please answer all of the following questions:
1.What is the legal and political situation in your chosen country today? Compare and contrast it with the US.
2.What is the sociocultural climate in your chosen country today? What social issues/topics are most relevant in your chosen country and how does this compare/contrast to the relevant issues in the US?
3.What is the relationship between the US and your chosen country today?
4.What is the economic outlook of your your chosen country today? Give economic/financial numbers (GNP/capita, population, education, inflation level, etc.)
5.Give reasons for a US company to manufacture in your chosen country today. Below you have a series of reference sources for your country analysis. Please explain what at least 5 of these indicators/ reports imply for your answer to this question.
6.Give reasons for a US company to compete in your chosen country today. Below you have a series of reference sources for your country analysis. Please explain what at least 5 of these indicators/ reports imply for your answer to this question. Please assess any cultural norms or concerns that a US company needs to account for in order to compete successful in your chosen country today.7
.Finally, and these should be the most important part of your exercise: Present a strategy recommendation for your company. Why should it or should it not enter the market. Present a corporate citizenship recommendation for your country. Build upon your identification of the relevant social issues (diversity, human rights, environmental impact etc…) that are important to your chosen country (#2) and make a recommendation for
policies/practices for your company to implement in order to be a good corporate citizen in your chosen country.
SUPPORT MATERIALS: You should use the following sources as support data and can obviously use any other relevant sources in your analysis but you should cite them.
Heritage Foundation/The Wall Street :Journal Index of Economic Freedom
The Economist: Worldwide Quality-of-life Index
Reporters Without Borders: Worldwide Press Freedom Transparency International: Corruption Perceptions
United Nations Development Program: Human Development Index
World Economic Forum: Global Competitiveness Report
- Write an essay on “what are current HR problems in this organization?”
- Explain and evaluate the impact of standards and regulations on the management of health information.
- What is the issue with abortion right now in terms of public health?
- Discuss what you will gain from an education at the UCSF School of Pharmacy that might be unique from other schools you are considering.
- Describe how your personal, educational, and professional background will help you achieve your goals.
- Explain how local governments can collaborate and continue to provide quality public services?
- Explain the biological (genetic and neuroscientific); psychological (behavioral and cognitive processes, emotional, developmental); and social, cultural, and interpersonal factors that influence the development of psychopathology.
- Explain how your educational, employment or other extracurricular experiences have provided you an opportunity to actively engage with diverse populations and/or address health disparities.
- What are the precipitating factors found in those that commit acts of mass violence.
- Discuss Synthetic Marijuana and Hallucinogens such as K2, Ecstasy, Molly.