Subject: Philosophy (Healthcare Ethics) & Healthcare Management
Topic: Euthanasia (termination of a very sick person’s life in order to relieve them of their suffering, mainly in cases of incurable conditions)
Moral question: Is it morally correct to end the life of a terminally ill patient who is undergoing severe pain and suffering?
I have attached 12 sources which should be used for the essay. Besides these, other sources should be used as well (in total should be around 20 sources or more). Attached you can find an assessment form of the essay as well.
For all the details of this paper, please check “Essay specific description” attached as a word file.
BE CAREFUL !!!! — this subject and this question tend to produce essays which are predominantly legal in nature. Please be aware of that danger. My professor expects an ethical essay, not a legal one. Please keep this in mind because it is crucial!!!
• Analyze this moral dilemma in healthcare from the societal perspective and managerial perspective of healthcare organizations
• Hold a moral position convincingly, expressed in a well-written essay, based on well-researched arguments and sound logic
• Make an inventory of the relevant stakeholders involved in this moral dilemma.
• Recognize and weigh the relevant moral arguments and conclude the moral reasoning convincingly.
• Suggest the preferable course of action and what concrete actions need to be taken.
• The essay must have a catchy title.
•THIS ROADMAP MUST BE FOLLOWED to structure the essay:
I. Make the dilemma explicit
a) What is the moral dilemma?
b) What is the moral question?
c) Which courses of action are conceivable?
d) What factual information is missing?
a. Which stakeholders are involved
b. Which arguments are relevant?
a. What is the weight of the relevant moral arguments?
b. Which course of action is preferable?
Which concrete actions need to be taken?
• The order of the paragraphs can be (but can be of course adjusted):
2) Charged Issue,
3) Absent knowledge,
4) Involved parties,
5) Other possible measures,
6) Moral arguments,
• Specify and balance principles (MENTIONED BELOW) for this specific moral dilemma within healthcare organizations.
• The principle of autonomy
• The principle of beneficence
• The principle of non-maleficence
• The principle of justice
• The student is able to specify and balance these principles when studying specific moral dilemmas
• The student is able to apply the societal perspective to moral dilemmas that mainly prevail on the societal level
• The student is able to apply the managerial perspective to moral dilemmas that occur in health care organizations
• The student understands and is able to critically apply and assess normative ethical theories, such as utilitarianism, deontology (including Kantian theory), rights theocixry and virtue ethics, Principlism.
- W4 Discussion Question 1: Can you determine the probability using technology?
- W5 Discussion Question 1: Apply the UPS-Check to real world problems
- Capstone 3.2 Discussion: DISC Personality Profile
- In the space below, submit a statement of your instructional methodology regarding the role and responsibilities of an instructor. Faculty are expected to engage in on-going professional development and be computer literate with experience and willingness to incorporate and develop/offer online and web-enhanced curriculum as well as new technologies as they emerge. Attention should be given to the role of an instructor BOTH as a member of the college faculty and as a member of the discipline for which employment is sought.
- W6 Discussion Question 1: Infectious Diseases: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Imagine you work in the IT department of a financial services company that sells investments to, and manages investment portfolios for, high net worth individuals. Your organization uses custom-built legacy software applications and systems to support its sales processes. The sales software applications and
- This information is on the research proposal
- W7 Discussion Question 1: Applied Microbiology and Overall Reflection
- How does Westover use ethos, pathos, and logos throughout part one and which appeal does she use most effectively in your opinion? OR How does Westover use rhetorical devices throughout part one and which does she use mot effectively in your opinion?
- Please follow the assignment instruction included in the attached files, there are 4 parts to finish and each has been specified what contents need to be included. Use as much as in-text citations (APA style) whenever needed, and please also include a reference list at the end. Ignore double or single spaced, point form is fine if fits the formatting. There’s is a word doc summary for each lesson’s materials that could be used as in-class reference, if using anything related to these class resources please cited as “FNH200 Course Instructors”. Other than that, feel free to use as much outside resources as needed.