The purpose of this activity is to encourage open-minded discussion on various biotechnological applications used in medicine today.
The videos below discuss and show examples of biotechnology (i.e., gene therapy, gene editing and CRISPR) used in medical treatments today. Please select one of the videos to watch and then address the Module 15 Discussion questions.
Identify a specific biotechnology used in medical treatments and discuss the following:
What is the biotechnology, how does it work and how is it applied to be used in treating a disease/illness?
Are there any risks associated with the application?
What is the benefit of the application?
How is this biotechnology available to the general public?
Where in the treatment of disease/illnesses is this biotechnology being used? What treatment results have been seen/reported?
Research reliable and credible internet resources to learn more about one specific biotechnology (gene therapy, gene editing or CRISPR) and the use of that specific biotechnology in modern medicine.
Address the discussion prompts in your initial post; it should be in the range of 400 – 500 words. Your discussion must be supported by at least two additional reliable and credible resources in addition to the information presented in class and the required readings.
It is a requirement to use two additional reliable and credible sources (one must be a primary source and the other can be a primary or secondary source; linked below) in your initial post in conjunction with what is presented in the class, the Module 15 Discussion directions, and required readings. All information used from sources used must be cited per APA UNE Library APA Style Guide linked below. If no additional sources are used to supplement your responses, it is an automatic ‘0’ for the Module 15 Discussion.
Primary & Secondary Sources for the Sciences
APA Style Guide
Cite your sources and format your references in APA format.
Respond to at least two other students’ postings contributing to an ongoing discussion. Response posts should be in the range of 200300 words.
- Literary Analysis-The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time-Course Project Novel
- What are the health promotion strategies available to support parents and students to take up the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccine and what is the impact on the uptake of the vaccine?
- Discuss your devotion to your fitness plan. Do you think it is a plan you can do for a lifetime?
- Government Essay
- How appropriate and clear is the title of the article?
- English Paper on Understanding learning styles and how that relates to college students
- Select a text, author, or important concept that we have discussed in Pride and Prejudice; locate at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed article or book chapter, written since 2013. Analyze the authors main claims, the kinds of evidence they use to support those claims, how this article shapes your reading of the course text(s), and how it engages with other research and readings you have done to date.
- Complete a research paper that focuses on the district you attended in high school. Revisit your philosophy of teaching statement. The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate understandings of the social, political, and economic forces that impact teaching and learning by focusing on the specific district that you attended high school. The paper should be 7-8 pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt font, 1-inch margins.
- Spatial correlation and drivers of industrial pollution discharge in Africa
- Analyze the short story and then come up with an argumentative thesis statement of 1-2 sentences.