Multiracial Identity [5:39]
Race is an enduring concept in U.S. cultural politics, and “multiracial” identity is a growing but controversial category of identification. The selection explores the history of race and the rise of multiracial identity in the United States.
Instructions: Submit your answers to the questions below as directed by your instructor.
What do you check on census forms or other surveys of racial identity? Do you check more than one, or even “other”?
If “race” is based on a false biological distinction, why does it still matter in U.S. society?
How does the rule of hypodescent, or “one drop rule,” complicate the movement to establish a category for multiracial identity in the United States?
Does the idea of a multiracial identity destabilize the ideology of race, or does it further emphasize the notion of “raccixe” as a biological category?
- What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?
- Do you agree with President Jackson’s conclusions of the necessity for an Indian Removal Policy?
- Is it possible to teach someone to love reading?
- Why is the murder of Lady Macduff and her dramatically necessary? Consider what the murder reveals about Macbeth and the effect the murder has/will have on Macduff and other noblemen.
- Bail Trap by Nick Pinto
- Management Control Report
- How would you solve the moral dilemma of Janet Moore? Try to put yourself in her place. What would you decide and why? Explain the reasons for your decision carefully.
- Project purpose idea: neighborhood community board assessing the risks involved if Con Edison continues with a (specific) project. Transition Risk being the focus- economic losses from a business changing policies and production to more energy efficient methods
- Animal parts used in Fashion industry or Fashion buisness and affecting animal welfare and ethics
- Analysis of W T. Stead’s The Maiden Tribute