Please choose one topic from the list below and post a substantive discussion regarding the topic. Then reply to two different peers each choosing a different topic than the one you chose.
1. What are examples of discrimination concerning persons with disabilities?
2. Research and describe laws (at least 2) enacted to protect vulnerable populations.
3. What are the steps the nurse can take to ensure the protection of people with disabilities?
Your initial post is due by Friday 10:59 PM. You must respond to at least 2 of your classmates’ posts by Sunday 10:59 PM. Discuss things such as your opinion and analysis of the points mentioned in your articles, why you hold that opinion, what you see wrong/right with the point mentioned, how you see the point consistent/inconsistent with what you have learned so far, discrimination you may have seen in practice, implications for the future, consistencies/inconsistencies within the article, readings, or reference material itself, and so forth. Remember, do not just tell us that the reference material states…. We already know this. You will need to follow APA format which means following the correct format for APA in-text citations and a reference lists at the end of ALL poscixts (Initial and follow-up posts).
- Explain how strategic planning can provide a sense of direction and help in the development of measurable goals.
- What do you think about Native American civilization before European Contact?
- Write an essay answering: how would you describe life for the Native Americans before the arrival of the Europeans?
- Identify how the selected tools (individually) are of value and a challenge in the health care industry, inclusive of public health where applicable.
- Describe the four metaparadigms: patient, nurse, health and environment.
- Define a nursing practice area where you could apply Neuman Systems Model.
- What is the main claim of Gladwell’s Essay?
- Discuss two (2) patient education considerations related to the priority concept (topic).
- Describe the importance of the priority concept (topic) to professional practice.
- Discuss at least one (1) strategy in prevention of legal consequences related to the priority concept (topic) in professional practice.