As a manager of an organization, you will often need to find ways to cut costs. One way to cut costs is to outsource by hiring another organization to perform the service. Consider the scenario below.
As a manager for the public outreach department, you realize that the current system for managing outreach issues is outdated. You would like to have a new outreach system developed using the Cloudera platform to help manage big data. However, no one in the organization has the expertise. You will have to outsource the project to save on costs and avoid management problems. Two companies have sent in a bidone from Vancouver, Canada, and one from Mumbai, India. The bid from India was slightly lower than the bid from Canada. Compose a response that includes the elements listed below.
Define what is meant by outsourcing.
Explain how Peter Druckers statement (covered in the textbook in uCertify) about how one companys back room is another companys front room pertains to outsourcing. Use an example.
Summarize the management advantages, cost reduction, and risk reduction of outsourcing.
Summarize the outsourcing risks concerning control, long-term costs, and exit strategy.
Discuss which company you would outsource to and why. Does distance matter?
Your case study must be at least two pages in length (not counting the title and reference pages), and you must use at least two references as a source for your essay. See the Suggested Reading section for some sample articles on outsourcing. Be sure to cite all sources used in APA format, and format your essay in APA style.
- Write a 3 Pages MLA format Research paper about Artificial Photosynthesis and its applications in our life.
- What is the cause of the disease diagnosis clinical signs and symptoms symptoms = history from the patient signs = physical findings from examining a patient lab findings imaging studies = X-rays, CT scan, MRI, etc.
- Smartphones are good for us, how do they make life easier.
- Watch one of the assigned films and provide an analysis and critique of the ethical perspective presented in the movie-Explain the values at play in the story. For example, is this an example of a Kantian ethic, utilitarianism, etc.?
- Prepare a five-page research paper on a selected Texas-related court case that is of interest to you.
- Prepare a 25-30 minute presentation of the findings you made in preparation for your research biography, a biographical analysis that ties together their contributions to science and the innovations they contributed that will be between 2000 and 2500 words.
- What does Searle’s thought experiment about Chevrolet station wagons show? What is the point of Jackson’s thought experiment about the color-challenged scientist? Is it possible to provide a complete account of the world in purely physical terms? Why or why not?
- Write a Position Paper include: An introduction to the argument on your public health issue(s) of choice (including a clear thesis).
- Why do you think “sex sells” when our culture traditionally has had a problem openly talking about sexuality? Provide three (3) examples of mechanisms used to sell sex.
- Do you have a family history of high blood pressure, stroke, or myocardial infarction? Do you consume under 1,500 mg of sodium per day through dietary sources?