CASE STUDY: ETHICS IN URBAN PLANNING ASSIGNMENT
For this Case Study, you will use the assigned article by Wachs, M. (1989), When Planners Lie with Numbers, as a basis for your case study work. You will first discuss and analyze Ethics in Data Use as Cited by the American Institute of Certified Planners. You will then discuss and analyze Descriptive Ethical Issues involved in misusing statistics, statistical methods, and data (e.g., What ethical issues can occur?). Further, you will discuss and analyze Analytical Ethical Issues involved in misusing statistics, statistical methods, and data (e.g., Why do ethical issues occur?). Additionally, discuss and analyze Prescriptive Ethical Issues involved in misusing statistics, statistical methods, and data (e.g., What can be done about correcting the problems?). Finally, determine a biblical viewpoint concerning planning. Please use scripture to support the position. Integrate Biblical verses rather than at the end of the paper. Items to include are outlined as follows:
Length of assignment is 2,000-2,500-words (8-10-pages)
o not including title page, reference page, and any appendices.
Format of assignment: APA format with 1-inch margins, 12-pt. Times New Roman font, and must include a title page and reference page.
Number of citations: 8-10 scholarly sources (in addition to the course textbooks, assigned readings, and Biblical reference) to fully support your assertions and conclusions. These must be cited in accordance with APA guidelines.
Acceptable sources: Use scholarly sources only. No websites, podcasts, dictionaries, encyclopedias, or magazines. Peer reviewed journal articles, dissertations, and textbooks only.
This assignment includes a template titled Case Study: Ethics in Urban Planning Assignment Template. This template lays out for you the organization of your paper by providing all sections titles and format to which they need to be included. Use this template to accurately complete this assignment.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the SafeAssign plagiarism tool.
This is a doctoral-level research assignment designed to test your ability to conduct effective research, gain a nuanced understanding of complex concepts, synthesize the ideas reflected in your research with those reflected in your required readings, and to evaluate and apply these ideas to an issue of urban planning.
As with all doctoral-level assignments, you are expected to comport yourself with the highest writing, research, and ethical standards. To do well on this assignment, you must conduct high-quality research and offer a rich, well-supported analysis; mere opinion or conjecture will not suffice. A doctoral level course requires description and analysis. While descriptions certainly are the precursor to analyses, they are not the analyses. Analysis is not just opinion statements or a list of what authors have said. Each idea needs elaboration and explanation and, if possible, supported by data and/or credible sources. The analysis should demonstrate the ability to integrate theories with applications.
You must avoid careless or simple grammatical errors such as misspellings, incomplete sentences, comma splices, faulty noun/verb agreement, etc. Such errors will result in substantial point deductions. No slang, idioms, jargon, colloquialisms, and everyday language. Your writing must be scholarly.
Plagiarism in any form, including self-plagiarism, is strictly prohibited and may result in failure of the assignment, failure of the course, and/or removal from the program. It is your responsibility to ensure that you understand fully what constitutes the various forms of plagiarism and to avoid all forms of plagiarism. Consult the 2020-2021 LUO Honor Code.
CASE STUDY: ETHICS IN URBAN PLANNING ASSIGNMENT TEMPLATE
INTRODUCTION TO WACHS (1989) ARTICLE
DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS USING ETHICS IN DATA USE AS CITED BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED
DESCRIPTIVE ETHICAL ISSUES INVOLVED IN MISUSING STATISTICS, METHODS, AND DATA
ANALYTICAL ETHICAL ISSUES INVOLVED IN MISUSING STATISTICS, METHODS, AND DATA
PRESCRIPTIVE ETHICAL ISSUES INVOLVED IN MISUSING STATISTICS, METHODS, AND DATA
- Discussion 4: Food Disparity
- Evaluate and critique Pope John Paul II based on the materials read. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ADHERE TO THE ATTACHED PDF CONTAINING INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO WRITE THE PAPER. The attached PDF will show you how to adhere to its instruction regarding formatting and constructing an incisive thesis sentence, with each paragraph presenting one main point defending the thesis.
- gential pain and itching
- Define the factors from case#3 that played a role in each of the three groups. Research outside of the textbook is required for this assignment to obtain in depth information from this incident you must include in your paper. Make sure to include a works cited page following MLA formatting
- The Equal Rights Amendment was first proposed almost a century ago and has still not been added to the United States Constitution.
- In this assignment, you will create an annotated bibliography consisting of seven sources. Each entry will consist of a reference list citation, a summary of the sources information, and a one-sentence assessment. Each annotation should be between 150 to 200 words.
- A cornerstone of learning juvenile justice includes understanding the difference in treatment of juveniles who enter the system versus adults who enter the system. Initially, protective rights were not extended to juveniles. However, through the process of appeal and evaluation by The Supreme Court, juveniles were extended many of the same rights and protections given to adults who came into the formal legal system. Read Kent v US and write a legal brief. A legal brief requires the following: the case title, statement of the issue of the case, the details of the case background, and the way in which the court ruled, with an explanation supporting that ruling. Two pages are required in APA format to include a title page, in-text citations, and a reference page.
- Explain strategies for managing human and financial resources to promote organizational health. Explain how the interdisciplinary plan could be implemented and how the human and financial resources would be managed.
- Research the company on its own website, public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Filings & Forms page, Strayer University’s online databases, Strayer University’s Lexis Advance database, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions. Use the Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness Template [DOCX] to ensure that your assignment meets the requirements.
- Why is a practical, working knowledge of the law important to the security manager and how does it impact their capabilities and services? Although insurance can never be a substitute for a comprehensive security program, what are its primary roles and functions related to security management?