CASE STUDY: ETHICS IN URBAN PLANNING ASSIGNMENT
For this Case Study, you will use the assigned article by Wachs, M. (1989), When Planners Lie with Numbers, as a basis for your case study work. You will first discuss and analyze Ethics in Data Use as Cited by the American Institute of Certified Planners. You will then discuss and analyze Descriptive Ethical Issues involved in misusing statistics, statistical methods, and data (e.g., What ethical issues can occur?). Further, you will discuss and analyze Analytical Ethical Issues involved in misusing statistics, statistical methods, and data (e.g., Why do ethical issues occur?). Additionally, discuss and analyze Prescriptive Ethical Issues involved in misusing statistics, statistical methods, and data (e.g., What can be done about correcting the problems?). Finally, determine a biblical viewpoint concerning planning. Please use scripture to support the position. Integrate Biblical verses rather than at the end of the paper. Items to include are outlined as follows:
Length of assignment is 2,000-2,500-words (8-10-pages)
o not including title page, reference page, and any appendices.
Format of assignment: APA format with 1-inch margins, 12-pt. Times New Roman font, and must include a title page and reference page.
Number of citations: 8-10 scholarly sources (in addition to the course textbooks, assigned readings, and Biblical reference) to fully support your assertions and conclusions. These must be cited in accordance with APA guidelines.
Acceptable sources: Use scholarly sources only. No websites, podcasts, dictionaries, encyclopedias, or magazines. Peer reviewed journal articles, dissertations, and textbooks only.
This assignment includes a template titled Case Study: Ethics in Urban Planning Assignment Template. This template lays out for you the organization of your paper by providing all sections titles and format to which they need to be included. Use this template to accurately complete this assignment.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the SafeAssign plagiarism tool.
This is a doctoral-level research assignment designed to test your ability to conduct effective research, gain a nuanced understanding of complex concepts, synthesize the ideas reflected in your research with those reflected in your required readings, and to evaluate and apply these ideas to an issue of urban planning.
As with all doctoral-level assignments, you are expected to comport yourself with the highest writing, research, and ethical standards. To do well on this assignment, you must conduct high-quality research and offer a rich, well-supported analysis; mere opinion or conjecture will not suffice. A doctoral level course requires description and analysis. While descriptions certainly are the precursor to analyses, they are not the analyses. Analysis is not just opinion statements or a list of what authors have said. Each idea needs elaboration and explanation and, if possible, supported by data and/or credible sources. The analysis should demonstrate the ability to integrate theories with applications.
You must avoid careless or simple grammatical errors such as misspellings, incomplete sentences, comma splices, faulty noun/verb agreement, etc. Such errors will result in substantial point deductions. No slang, idioms, jargon, colloquialisms, and everyday language. Your writing must be scholarly.
Plagiarism in any form, including self-plagiarism, is strictly prohibited and may result in failure of the assignment, failure of the course, and/or removal from the program. It is your responsibility to ensure that you understand fully what constitutes the various forms of plagiarism and to avoid all forms of plagiarism. Consult the 2020-2021 LUO Honor Code.
CASE STUDY: ETHICS IN URBAN PLANNING ASSIGNMENT TEMPLATE
INTRODUCTION TO WACHS (1989) ARTICLE
DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS USING ETHICS IN DATA USE AS CITED BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED
DESCRIPTIVE ETHICAL ISSUES INVOLVED IN MISUSING STATISTICS, METHODS, AND DATA
ANALYTICAL ETHICAL ISSUES INVOLVED IN MISUSING STATISTICS, METHODS, AND DATA
PRESCRIPTIVE ETHICAL ISSUES INVOLVED IN MISUSING STATISTICS, METHODS, AND DATA
- Identify and define relevant concepts clearly for the viewers. (Define capital and your groups specific variety, if it has one.)
- What is the difference between a cross-sectional study and a longitudinal study? What advantages and disadvantages does each method have?
- What are the implications for both employees/subcontractors and the HR function?
- Discuss the key events that have contributed to the evolution of operations management. Please be sure to include specific events, time (year) and who was involved (the individual’s name or company). Please provide at least three (3) factors and the events.
- Research and describe a patient story that was caused by that sentinel event topic. For example, if the sentinel event alert is about Fires in the Operating rooms, then you must research and find a story about a patient impacted by a fire in the OR.
- * Why is the problem important in the area of corporate crime or regulation of corporate crime?
- Discussion Thread: Price
- Literature Review : Identity Development in 8th graders
- Select a publicly-traded company that is traded on U.S. exchange. Locate the annual report for at least the last three fiscal years.
- summarize the key points of each chapter, and show how those points are related to each other. In the final paragraph, please explain your own thoughts and interpretations of the material.