You have been introduced to the main leadership style models currently in the literature. As a new principal, it will be important to know which model you ascribe to as part of the transition from teacher to school leader. In addition to understanding your dominant leadership style, you must also begin to consider how this transition will impact other aspects of your personal and professional life.
In this assignment, you will write a 4- to 6- page essay on the leadership transition you will make from teacher or other position to principal and consider the breadth of the principals responsibilities. In this analysis paper, you will review principal leadership standards, define and analyze different leadership models, identify which leadership style may be dominant for you, how you came to identify that as your dominant style, and the probable social and emotional changes that may challenge you in this new role.
Step 1. Access
Access the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL) linked on the Learning Objects page and the principal standards for your state.
To find the principal standards for your state, use an internet browser to search for principal standards for [your state]”.
These standards operationalize the responsibilities of principals. They provide a straightforward answer to what are principals supposed to do?
Step 2. Review and Define
Review the Module 1 presentations, this modules readings, and at least two additional journal articles from the ACE Library to research the following leadership styles:
Step 3. Create
Create a narrative that briefly describes the leadership styles (Step 2) and identifies and describes your dominant leadership style in greater detail. Provide evidence and examples to support your assertions, including feedback you have received from others that helped you arrive at your decision.
Step 4. Identify
After explaining your dominant leadership style, identify aspects of both your professional and personal life that may be impacted by the transition from teacher or other position to school leader. These could be social changes, relational changes, emotional challenges, etc.
Step 5. Analyze
Think about how your leadership style will intersect with the responsibilities of the principalship as outlined in the PSEL standards and your state standards. What standards will be strengths for you and why? What standards will be most challenging and why?
- Literary Analysis-The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time-Course Project Novel
- What are the health promotion strategies available to support parents and students to take up the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccine and what is the impact on the uptake of the vaccine?
- Discuss your devotion to your fitness plan. Do you think it is a plan you can do for a lifetime?
- Government Essay
- How appropriate and clear is the title of the article?
- English Paper on Understanding learning styles and how that relates to college students
- Select a text, author, or important concept that we have discussed in Pride and Prejudice; locate at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed article or book chapter, written since 2013. Analyze the authors main claims, the kinds of evidence they use to support those claims, how this article shapes your reading of the course text(s), and how it engages with other research and readings you have done to date.
- Complete a research paper that focuses on the district you attended in high school. Revisit your philosophy of teaching statement. The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate understandings of the social, political, and economic forces that impact teaching and learning by focusing on the specific district that you attended high school. The paper should be 7-8 pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt font, 1-inch margins.
- Spatial correlation and drivers of industrial pollution discharge in Africa
- Analyze the short story and then come up with an argumentative thesis statement of 1-2 sentences.