Your primary assignment for this chapter is to interview someone you know (parent, colleague, friend, etc.) who is in their 30’s or 40’s to get a sense of how they came into the occupation they hold today and the challenges they face. Ask them questions to get a) a complete description of what they do for their occupation, b) a sense of what category of occupational personality-skill match they belong to based on Holland’s theory (refer to the lecture and the diagram in the PowerPoint file), c) whether they have high or low job satisfaction and why, and d) what challenges they have faced in getting to that occupation (e.g. gender discrimination, work-family conflict, etc.). Write up the results of your interview with this person in a 2-3 page paper, making sure to cover each of the four topics listed.
- Which era was the most significant in terms of scientific and intellectual achievement and why?
- Discuss The Benefits of Therapy Animal Use in Healthcare.
- Explain how you believe the courts decision played a role in policy changes.
- Write a formal persuasive e-mail to a community leader to address a social concern.
- Discuss related challenges faced by social workers who serve the identified special population and its related field of practice.
- Explain and evaluate the article based on the criteria of clearness and the scientific method, as discussed in lectures.
- To what degree or under what circumstances should an individual rebel against, rather than conform to, society?
- Discuss about organizational design using strategic management principles.
- Describe the “reality contract” of a film or scripted TV series (not a “reality show” or news documentary) of your choice.
- Do you consider that as a Nation we are safer now than before the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001?