Please provide a brief response. It is meant to add to the conversation. thank you.
Were they the same?
I can imagine that the angle from a management perspective would be different from my own because I personally have not been in a management position. I have served as a mentor to newer employees, but I have not had a management title. Again, I feel that sticking with the status quo for me would be just to continue doing my job to the best of my ability without union involvement. A goal of a union is to instill trust between the union and its members (Ball, 2006). As a manager, this building a positive relationship with employees and building trust is extremely important. This is something that both managers and unions strive to do.
What challenges did you discover?
After reflecting upon collective bargaining and pondering whether this would be something that I would be in favor of or not, it is a difficult question to answer. I can see the positive and negative impacts that it may have. Because I have not become a member of a union in my years of teaching and in my current position, I feel that I would prefer not to be part of a union. I would of course need to do more research into what a union would look like at the university that I am currently working at. I would also like to hear from other individuals that have joined unions in education. I would love to hear their perspective. I also feel that some of the information that unions address could be addressed in the human resource department.
How did your viewpoints differ from those of classmates?
I would say that some of my viewpoints aligned with my classmates. However, there were a few that pointed out the benefit of unions that I did not highlight. I do agree that ensuring retirement benefits are guaranteed and health insurance is accessible would be a positive impact. However, in my position now, I am contributing to a 401K program, I have access to health insurance that I pay for monthly, so I am having a hard time seeing if there would be a large advantage to being part of a union.
In what direction do you think the collective bargaining approach is moving from the standpoint of the profession in which you work? What makes you think that?
Unions can provide desired outcomes that could not be achieved by one individual (Sell et al., 2006). This brings me back to the fact that in most cases having power in numbers can be an advantage. Having individuals that can come together to work towards a common goal will have more power than just one person. Through a collective effort, a union is able to make an impact on working conditions (Sell et al., 2006). I think that it will depend on whether the school is a public school or a private school. From what I have observed, it is more common to see teachers joining unions in public schools as opposed to private schools. When I was working in a charter school a couple of years ago, the opportunity to join a union was never presented to me. None of the colleagues that I worked directly with shared that they were members of a union. Of course, it is their private business and they could be members but just chose not to share with me. But from my knowledge, the three teachers I worked with on a daily basis were not members of a union.
- Focus on how the employees that were NOT layd off . How are the behaviors and work ethics change after they witness their colleagues leave
- Comment on the interaction between the child and adult. What language facilitating supports did the parent/caregiver use? b. include any nonverbal communication used by the parent and the purpose of the non-verbal communication. c. comment on whether the language faciliative strategies used by the parent supported the child’s overall language development? If so, why
- Prepare paper’s thesis to be on what makes people happy.
- Write a final paper. This paper should be about 12 pages doubled-spaced and should be submitted through canvas by the date of the final. You have broad discretion to choose a topic of your own, so long as it falls within the general theme of the course.
- How to use EViews to implement the econometric techniques we have discussed in the module.
- Create a new product or service to be introduced by your company. How does marketing support your company’s mission, objectives, and growth strategies?
- Smartphones are good for us but how do They make life easier.
- Submit a Proposition or Opposition persuasive essay (i.e., one essay) on the motion. Make a complete argument either for (Proposition) or against (Opposition) the motion, using sourced evidence to substantiate your points.
- Write a description of each individual song or instrumental piece performed, describe the concert environment. Include the following: A description of the physical layout of the performance hall or venue.
- Write an assignment emphasizing the practical application of Mental Health First Aid training. Briefly highlight the significance of extending this knowledge beyond traditional settings and exploring unconventional avenues to benefit a diverse range of individuals.