It is anticipated that the initial discussion response should be in the range of 250-300 words. Response posts must demonstrate topic knowledge and scholarly engagement with peers. This is not the only criteria utilized for evaluation; substantive content is imperative. All questions in the topic must be addressed. Please proofread your response carefully for grammar and spelling. Do not upload any attachments. All responses need to be supported by a minimum of one scholarly resource. Journals and websites must be cited appropriately. Citation and reference must adhere to APA format.
Students are expected to initially address the discussion question by Wednesday of each week. Participation in the discussion forums is expected with a minimum total of three (3) substantive postings (this includes your initial posting and posting to two peers) on three (3) different days per week. Substantive means that you add something new to the discussion, you arent just agreeing. This is also a time to ask questions or offer information surrounding the topic addressed by your peers. Personal experience is appropriate for a substantive discussion and should be correlated to the literature.
All discussion boards will be evaluated utilizing rubric criterion inclusive of content, analysis, collaboration, writing and APA. If you fail to post an initial discussion you will not receive these points, you may however post to your peers for partial credit following the guidelines above. Due to the nature of this type of assignment and the need for timely responses for initial posts and posting to peers, the Make-Up Coursework Policy (effective July 2017) does not apply to Discussion Board Participation.
Read the following case study and answer the posed questions:
History: A 65 year old housewife complains of progressive weight gain of 40 pounds in 1 year, fatigue, dizziness, sluggish memory, slow speech, deepening of her voice, dry skin, constipation, and cold intolerance.
Physical examination: Vital signs: temperature 96.4oF, pulse 68/minute and regular, BP 108/60, weight 170 lbs, height 5 feet, puffy face, pale, cool, dry skin. The thyroid gland is not palpable, deep tendon reflex time is delayed.
Laboratory studies: CBC and differential WBC are normal. The serum T4 concentration is 3.4 ug/dl (N=4.5-12.5), the serum TSH is 0.9 uU/ml (N=0.2-3.5), and the serum cholesterol is 275 mg/dl (N
- If you were a researher, what population would you like to study?
- Which era was the most significant in terms of scientific and intellectual achievement and why?
- Discuss The Benefits of Therapy Animal Use in Healthcare.
- Explain how you believe the courts decision played a role in policy changes.
- Write a formal persuasive e-mail to a community leader to address a social concern.
- Discuss related challenges faced by social workers who serve the identified special population and its related field of practice.
- Explain and evaluate the article based on the criteria of clearness and the scientific method, as discussed in lectures.
- To what degree or under what circumstances should an individual rebel against, rather than conform to, society?
- Discuss about organizational design using strategic management principles.
- Describe the “reality contract” of a film or scripted TV series (not a “reality show” or news documentary) of your choice.