Worksheet #2: On Poetry
Length: from 150 to 300 words each
1. How is metered language different from everyday language? Explain using examples discussed in class. Try to make the discussion as concrete as possible.
2. Choose one of the following two questions.
2a. In the poem Tintern Abbey by William Wordsworth, how does the speakers attitude on nature change? Describe the change, using the quotations from the poem.
2b. Compare William Blake’s “The Tyger” and William Butler Yeats’s “The Second Coming.” You may discuss any aspects of the poems.
3. What is your favorite phrase/stanza in John Keat’s “Ode to a Nightingale” or “Ode on a Grecian Urn”? Give a close reading of the phrase. Discuss the quote from as many angles as possible, and explain why you like it.
- Discuss about an issue concerning a current social issue or modern technology and write an essay in which you take a position on that issue.
- Identify the three essential elements to management, maintaining a balance between the current culture, and improving relationships to minimize resistance to change.
- Explain how the Act of God doctrine, can be used to eliminate liability in contracts for failure to perform.
- What experiences have you had working with children with psychological difficulties?
- Identify measures to assist the individual to achieve the tasks of his/her stage of development.
- Discuss and analyse the Trifler letters to the serialized articles on natural philosophy and history.
- Do you agree with the concept that individuals self-medicate in relation to stress, coping, and substance-related and addictive disorders?
- Discuss nation-states in the world today, and different types of political institutions are spread among them.
- Summarize, analyze, and discuss some of the key aspects of that Compliance Program Manual, and how some of those key aspects relate to promoting product safety and efficacy.
- Explain how to reduce the use of excessive police force that especially targets communities of color in the United States.