Remember how the discussion assignments work. You need to respond to one discussion question with an essay of 400-600 words with at least two references. This is due by 11:59 pm (Central Time) on Thursday. By Sunday, you need to submit two responses of at least 75 words to people who, ideally, answered questions other than the one you answered.
Please include the question you are answering at the beginning of the posting. If you notice that several people have answered a particular question, try to answer a different one. The more different discussion topics we have, the better.
Here are the questions for Week Two:
1. Are you a person who pushes the walk buttons at intersections? The close-the-door buttons on elevators? I sure am but many of these devices are not actually functional, but we push them anyway. Read the following article from CNN (https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/placebo-buttons-design/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_content=2018-09-03T05%3A57%3A03&utm_source=fbCNNi&utm_term=link) and talk about your thoughts and feelings about engaging or not engaging in this pattern of behavior. How do you feel knowing these attempts to control the environment are futile? On that same sentiment, are those actions really futile or do you feel better controlling that component of your environment? Talk about that.
2. How concrete is the concept of memory? If you have not already read the chapter, or even if you have, what is your view of memory? Is this an episodic construct similar to watching a movie or is there variance and malleability to this? What does the chapter say? Specifically, discuss the research on overconfidence and planting false memories.
3. Given the times, tell us about misinformation and misconception in todays society. Why do people hold strongly but false beliefs about concepts like rising crime and immigrants are criminals? Talk about these or other misconceptions and juxtapose that information with facts from reputable sources. Talk specially about how misinformation is formed and spreads, while considering topics such as the power of repetition, confirmation bias, and the power of cognitively available anecdotes.
4. We often make errors in judgments about others. The perfect example is the resting bitch face. Review research on this perception phenomenon and discuss the development of errors in thinking.
5. Do you believe in free will or is everything in life predetermined (i.e., determinism)? How does a persons attitude toward free will or the absence thereof effect the behavior of cheating? How about other behaviors? Tell us about the research you found on this topic.
6. When know that attitudes can and do influence behaviors, can the opposite be true? Can ones behaviors influence the attitudes they possess? Provide examples of how this may be the case. Specifically think of concepts like being brainwashed or Stockholm syndrome).
- Focus on how the employees that were NOT layd off . How are the behaviors and work ethics change after they witness their colleagues leave
- Comment on the interaction between the child and adult. What language facilitating supports did the parent/caregiver use? b. include any nonverbal communication used by the parent and the purpose of the non-verbal communication. c. comment on whether the language faciliative strategies used by the parent supported the child’s overall language development? If so, why
- Prepare paper’s thesis to be on what makes people happy.
- Write a final paper. This paper should be about 12 pages doubled-spaced and should be submitted through canvas by the date of the final. You have broad discretion to choose a topic of your own, so long as it falls within the general theme of the course.
- How to use EViews to implement the econometric techniques we have discussed in the module.
- Create a new product or service to be introduced by your company. How does marketing support your company’s mission, objectives, and growth strategies?
- Smartphones are good for us but how do They make life easier.
- Submit a Proposition or Opposition persuasive essay (i.e., one essay) on the motion. Make a complete argument either for (Proposition) or against (Opposition) the motion, using sourced evidence to substantiate your points.
- Write a description of each individual song or instrumental piece performed, describe the concert environment. Include the following: A description of the physical layout of the performance hall or venue.
- Write an assignment emphasizing the practical application of Mental Health First Aid training. Briefly highlight the significance of extending this knowledge beyond traditional settings and exploring unconventional avenues to benefit a diverse range of individuals.