After reading Chapter 7 about persistent inequalities, focus on persistent inequalities in our society connected to prison.
In 500-750 words, cite three to five scholarly sources to respond to the following prompts:
Explain how society has used the judicial system and the penitentiary industrial complex as a way of stripping the rights of citizens and controlling people.
Explain what social movements and social reforms there have been to help protect both prisoners and ex-convicts from abuse.
Throughout each prompt, analyze and apply the sociological theories of Marx, Weber, Durkheim, or Michel. Include a minimum of three appropriate and relevant academic sources to support your responses.
- Discuss the proposition that different types of household debt will make the cost of living crisis worse for different households in different ways.
- Discuss how the values and mission of Patagonia come to life through the business practices put in place by leadership.
- Python application Proposal
- Write about privilege and the protagonist in Six Degrees of Separation
- Choose a brand/company that uses halos; or deceiving buzzwords to trick consumers into thinking their product(s) is/are inherently better for the consumer.
- Evidence-based practice is extremely important in nursing. Throughout this program, you will complete research on various topics. Knowing how to construct a strong problem statement and complete a critical analysis of the available information to write a literature review is essential.
- Prompt 8: paragraph 11, “America did not, nor does not, want force…….”
- Select a state or federal law or regulation related to patient safety that has been implemented within the last five years requiring hospitals or any other health care organizations to change the way they manage the delivery of care. Discuss the changes that have occurred because of this law or regulation.
- Describe the element of voluntarism. In what instances is the principle of informed consent violated? Explain.
- Discuss how the quote applies to the main concept being explained in your response. I provided a picture of the book.