Virtual Field Trip Paper
Directions: You will write a 2-3-page paper 500-700, using MLA format: times new roman, double spaced, 12 pt. font, 1 margins. This paper does not need research, but you are encouraged to find out more about your artwork so that you can understand it and enjoy it even more. If you decide to do research, be sure to include a works cited page.
Read through the options given below. In your paper, you will give an explanation and description of your artwork and relate it to a myth or myths from our textbook. The purpose of the paper is to understand the influence of Greek mythology in culture. Whichever artwork you choose, be sure to discuss why this myth is important for us to know about today.
Make sure you get specific. For example, pick a particular painting, a sculpture, a film, a play, or an example from architecture and discuss how it represents or connects with the Greek mythology. Make sure you connect it to the stories that we have read and discussed in class. Your grade will be determined by the quality of the review and how well it fulfills all the requirements.
Option #1 National Gallery of Art Choose two works of art from the list below.
Diana and Endymion
Oedipus Cursing His Son Polynices
Titians s Feast of the Gods
Titian Venus with Mirror
Tiepolos Apollo Pursuing Daphne
Lorrains Judgement of Paris
Romulus and Remus
Option #2 Tour the Parthenon in Athens, Greece
Option #3 The Historical Site of the House of Atreus (Agamemnon and Menelaus)
Palace and Grave of Mycenae
Option #4 Famous Museum in Rome: Choose two works to discuss.
Tour the Capitoline Museum Rome, Italy
Romulus and Remus
Raphael Room Parnassus Vatican Museum Rome, Italy
Option #6 Modern Day Turkey and Finding the Real Troy from the Trojan War
The Search for the Real Troy
Choose one film from the options below, and discuss how the film relates to the myths we have studied in class.
Life is Beautiful
Compare with the one of the Greek tragedies we have studied.
Discuss the idea of sin (the seven deadly sins) and punishment in the film. Discuss the aspects of the underworld.
Discuss the role of revenge and honor in the film. You might want to make connections to Achilles in The Iliad.
O Brother Where Art Thou or 1917
Discuss the importance of a journey and how a journey changes the main character. Compare the film with The Odyssey
Folger Theatre full production of Shakespeares Macbeth
Compare Macbeth to Agamemnon and/or Lady Macbeth to Clytemnestra.
Choose Any Shakespeare play from the Globe Theatre in London, England
Connect a theme from Shakespeare to a theme from Greek mythology. Or discuss the genre of tragedy and the tragic hero.
For example, suffering in King Lear and Oedipus Rex
The role of Theseus in mythology and a Midsummers Nights Dream
Hamlet and Oedipus as tragic heroes.
What Dreams May Come
Compare how the film depicts the underworld with Homer and Virgils depiction of the underworld.
- Which strategy should business rely on more? Differentiation or Cost Leadership? Why? Use an example of a local business (can be more than one) to differentiate the two theories and explain weigh up the better option.
- Business Law Analysis pt 1
- 1. In which way did Bill Clinton create a budget surplus in the Federal budget? 2. If you were to remember Clinton’s Presidency, would you define it by scandals or economic stability? 3. What were the reasons George W Bush got America into the Iraq
- Choose one provision from the ANA Code of Ethics. How is ethical behavior an integral part of being a nurse leader? How does one communicate the characteristics of a role model with this provision? Do ethics influence the leadership style of the nurse leader?
- Discussion Response Supporting a Thesis Statement
- Nursing Dilemma
- Discuss three bases of individual power from the article (reward, legitimate, etc.) which you find in your workplace or other areas of your life.
- Consider how it makes your field more reliable, better analyses, detecting weaknesses and emergencies. You may give as many examples of math as you would like.
- Research paper on why there should be stricter gun control laws in the United States.
- APPLICATION ESSAY UNDER 200 WORDS