Please answer the following four topics. Your answers need to be at least a paragraph in length ( a minimum of 6 sentences). Discuss how the two terms are related. To do so, students will likely need to define the terms, but this is more than defining. How are they connected? Explain in at least 6 sentences (or more!).
Stonewall Riots and Clinton’s “Don’t ask, don’t tell” policy.
Nixon’s War on Drugs and the prison industrial complex.
Occupied Movement and Eugene Debs.
Navajo code talkers and Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs).
Please answer all of the following questions completely in paragraph format. This isn’t a formal essay you do not need to provide an intro and conclusion. Please just answer in complete sentences in organized paragraph format.
5. In at least 10 sentences, describe FEMA and Bush’s response to Hurricane Katrina. Was it sufficient? Explain and defend your position. Be sure to include specifics from the film below. Do you think the response would have been different if the affected population had been Euro-Americans? Explain and defend your position using posted reading and video material. 10 sentences minimum.
6. Briefly describe the history of immigration policies in the United States, beginning in the 1880s, to the 1960s. Was the United States open to all people equally? Explain and defend your position. Why does this matter? How does this information complicate the common statement “I’m not against immigration, just illegal immigration” that we often hear in society? Explain. 12 sentences minimum.
7. Using any three (or more) primary sources from Voices, write a reflection on any of the following themes. The primary sources do not have to be from the same chapter, they can be from any chapter in the textbook. Discuss how the sources explain, illuminate, and/or underscore the theme you choose. This reflection must be at least 14 sentences minimum.
Themes to choose from:
-women confronting patriarchy
-Speaking out against the war machine
-Confronting classism and labor inequities
-Questioning legal standards and customary norms
8. Choose any three Supreme Court cases from 1950 to the present that have been covered in our weekly modules, and discuss them. For each court case, discuss the following: Why was this court case so important? What was ruled, and how does it affect American society? Did this court case, in your opinion, increase the rule of democracy, or deteriorate it? Explain and defend your position. 14 sentences minimum.
- What are some considerations for substance abuse treatment with older adult populations?
- Discuss copyright law Amendments in Africa : A comparative study of fair use provisions.
- Examine the key factors related to retirement.
- Write a Research on content production and dissemination mechanisms in the digital media era
- Write an essay Exploring the efficacy of mindfulness based interventions in reducing burnout among nursing staff.
- Discuss Truman Doctrine With the Homo bureacraticus decision-making model.
- Can you think of anything that could have made the experience better for the patient and/or family?
- What other options could the IC have implemented to establish a water supply to support the fire flow for this incident?
- Create a 3-5 page submission in congestive heart failure.