For this progress paper you will develop a college level research paper addressing both of the following topics:
1. In 2011, the U.S. Government released the first ever (and only) strategy to specifically address homegrown violence inspired by radical ideologies (Empowering Local Partners to Prevent Violent Extremism in the United States) which was followed by a more detailedStrategic Implementation Plan for Empowering Local Partners to Prevent Violent Extremism in the United States. These documents resulted from the identification of violent extremism and terrorism inspired by al-Qaeda as the “preeminent security threats” to the United States. Analyze this strategy and evaluate its effectiveness today to deal with the full range of domestic terrorism threats including from right wing, left wing/anarchist (Antifa) and Jihadi homegrown threats. Describe what elements you think are missing or should be reinforced in order to have a comprehensive and effective strategy to deal with homegrown terrorist attacks (regardless of the underlying ideology or political motivation). [See note]
2. Terrorism is politically motivated violence against non-combatants in order to spread fear (terrorize) and to force some change in policy. Terrorists attack indirectly (in civilian disguise) and against “soft targets” in order to strike fear and get attention to gain support for their cause (recruits, funding, propaganda). They seek revenge, renown, and reaction and are all about scaring civil society and making themselves known. So global news media agencies and the internet are both perfectly suited tools for terrorists to spread their message. How can we reduce terrorist use of the media and the internet as a tool for their evil purposes? Address both the media and the internet separately in your answer.
Note: This course is focused on politically motivated violence that is commonly called terrorism, and which always has some purported underlying cause. Do not address deranged massed shooters with serious mental dysfunctions as that is well outside the scope of this course. These people cannot be deterred and many often expose ideology as a reason when that is really just a distraction from the real proximate cause of the attack their mental illness.
* Your paper must be at a minimum of 6-8 pages (the Title and Referencepages do not count towards the minimum limit).
* Scholarly and credible references should be used. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content; however, a minimum of ten (10) scholarly sources are required to support your paper.
* Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
* Studentswill follow the current APA Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
* Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize books, peer-reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.
* All submissions will be graded using the assignment rubric.
- Explain how strategic planning can provide a sense of direction and help in the development of measurable goals.
- What do you think about Native American civilization before European Contact?
- Write an essay answering: how would you describe life for the Native Americans before the arrival of the Europeans?
- Identify how the selected tools (individually) are of value and a challenge in the health care industry, inclusive of public health where applicable.
- Describe the four metaparadigms: patient, nurse, health and environment.
- Define a nursing practice area where you could apply Neuman Systems Model.
- What is the main claim of Gladwell’s Essay?
- Discuss two (2) patient education considerations related to the priority concept (topic).
- Describe the importance of the priority concept (topic) to professional practice.
- Discuss at least one (1) strategy in prevention of legal consequences related to the priority concept (topic) in professional practice.