As the current athletic director at an NCAA Division I university, you are in the process of negotiating an employment contract with Will Wynn, your new head football coach.
In an essay of 500-750 words, answer the following elements in your role as athletic director in order to protect the university’s interests in the contract.
Discuss the purpose of the reassignment clause and whether it is in the university’s best interest to have this in the contract with Wynn. If you attempt to reassign a coach and there is no reassignment clause permitting this, what may be the legal outcome?
Discuss the covenant not to compete (restrictive covenant) and how you may use it to your benefit in the contract with Wynn. Discuss whether you would include a “nonrecruit” clause as part of the restrictive covenant.
Would the university prefer to have a stated term in years or a rollover clause? Explain.
Discuss five other clauses that you would like to incorporate into the coaching contract to protect the university’s interests.
- Strategies to Restore Academic Motivation and Well-Being Essay
- Reevaluating Supervised Release Violations Research
- Analyzing Military Tactics, Intelligence Assessment, and Long-term Consequences in the Afghanistan War Essay
- How Environmental Enrichment Sparks Neural Stem Cell Renewal in the Aging Brain Research
- Implementing Moral Development Theory in South African Inclusive Classrooms Essay
- Microsoft’s Role and Mitigation Strategies Essay
- Strategic Decision-Making in the Smartphone Industry Discussion
- Mastering the Art of Coffee Brewing Essay
- The Mysteries of Organic Compounds Research
- Optimizing Employee Motivation in the Aviation Industry Research