Refer to the case study described on pp. 33-34 of your textbook ( A Classic Example of the Clash of Ethnomedical Systems: Lia Lee, a Hmong Child with Epilepsy) and Figure 2-4 (p. 19) (Multiple Levels of Interaction between Individuals and their Environment) to complete this assignment. Demonstrate your level of understanding of the socio-ecological model by organizing the pieces of the case study into the multiple levels of interaction between individuals and their environment. The textbook provides you with a similar example on pp. 19-20 using injection drug users who are African American.
Organize your responses by level; use these as subheadings in your response.
Individual (knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, skills)
Social Group/Family Dynamics
Limit your case study response to 3-5 double-spaced typed pages (not including the title page and references) and format it using APA Style. If you need help with APA Style, case study guidelines and rubrics refer to the Getting Started Module for resources.
BOOK NEEDED!!!: Edberg, M. (2013). Essentials of health, culture, and diversity: Understanding people, reducing disparities. In (R. Riegelman Ed.) Essential Public Health series. Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Non-Traditional Scholar Award
- Mentorship Award Scholarship
- Early Intervention
- IMPACT OF TRAUMA
- Progress Report
- Software Maturity Model Five Stages
- In To Kill a Mockingbird, how do monsters expose cultural oppression?
- Who should participate in end-of-life decisions? give at least 3 examples and why you believe that they should be involved.
- Predicting Suicide
- 5-10 min podcast with images of a health problem in your neighborhood