Over the course of the class, you will be retrieving and evaluating current event articles (in The last 5 years). Making connections between the units we are currently studying and today. You will be responsible for finding an online article from a reputable news source. For example time.com, USA today, the New York times, etc.
Provide a summary of the article (includes source, date, important people at events, place/location).
Explain the connection to the information we studied in units one and two
*Use the following questions, prompts as a guide:
1) how does this current event article connect to the unit we are currently staying?
2) what impact did the past have the events taking place today? Is it political, economic, and/or social?
3) describe specific historical events / people / documents that are involved explain how they are involved.
4) what does the current event article tell us about the past?
5) what predictions do you have on this event affecting the future?
Provide a reflection on your personal opinions regarding the current event article and the historical event it is connected to
Make sure to provide a hyperlink to (check to make sure the hyperlink works)
*Please create a word document for your submission
*APA format, including an in-text citation for reference works
*He’s a reputable news source and include a working hyperlink.
Readings and resources
Hamby;A. L., Neely, M. S., & Clack., G. (2009). Outline of the US history, New York Nova Scotia science publishers.
Chapter 8 growth and transformation pages 17 to 121 read the following sections introduction, technology and change, corporations and cities, railroads, regulations and the tariff
Chapter 9 discontent and reform pages 134 and 135 read the struggles of Labor
This is if I add you Carnegie explores the fill up that the topic responsibility of the rich upper class
Carnegie, A 1889) the gospel of wealth Carnegie corporations.
The following is an overview, explanation and analysis of the law designed to oversee monopolies and trust. Monopolies and trust /encyclopedia.com
Lazarus, E(1883) the new colosus. Liberty State Park.
This article expansive practices of the late 19th century industrialists and parallettes to the big business practices of today.
Nicholas, j. (2014) we know how to beat Robber barons. Progressive. 78(7/8),17-20
Late 19th century Joshua so they’re all the railroads and the development of capitalism. Adelmann, B(2010) barrels, robber barons and unbridled capitalism. New american, 26 (15), 25-28.
Desire close about the American federation of labor, which was the leading organization in the fight for labor rights.
AFL-CIO. (2019) our labor history timeline AFL-CIO.
Review the following sections our history, labor history timeline, key people in labor history, key events and labor history.
Decide to tell us life and history of John D Rockefeller.
History channel (2019). John D Rockefeller history channel.
This video is an overview of push and pull factors in immigration
EB:Films: immigration (1946). Duration 10.29 minutes, user botanical classic added to 2/15/07
This video describes the impact of industrialism on politics of the growth of cities.
Urbanization building the America we know today. Duration 10 minutes 31 seconds user chicken foot Trinity added 11/22/ 10
- What are the common differences between Academic Research and Applied Research?
- Identify a healthcare scenario focused on the need for culturally safe practice.
- Write a research paper on the changes in academic world after the pandemic.
- What is the difference between a specification limit and a control limit?
- Describe how a race condition is possible and what might be done to prevent the race condition from occurring.
- Discuss a mental health condition (i.e. major depressive disorder, schizophrenia, alcohol use disorder..PICK ONE.etc.) and its burden as a noncommunicable disease in terms of short-term/chronic disability and morbidity.
- Describe various theories / conceptual frameworks concerning sexual orientation discussed in your course book.
- Discuss why it is so important to understand physical development and brain functioning when working as an adolescent mental health therapist?
- Write a book report on The Big Thirst by Charles Fisherman.
- Write a paper, Times New Roman 12 point font, double spaced on why it is important to have an understanding of pediatric pharmacotherapeutics and how pediatric practice differs from adult practice.