please find attached some references to generate this white paper.
Please feel free to organize this 3 pages white paper.
The main topic is the challenge of how to get a more realistic color change (red to brown) for cultured/lab-grown meat.
I was wondering if you could describe a lit bit of the meat color chemistry, structure, muscle light scattering, or any other challenge and mechanism.
-Myoglobin Chemistry and Meat Color
-Chromatic heme pigments
-physical structure and achromatic light scattering properties of the muscle
1) Recent Updates in Meat Color Research: Integrating Traditional and High-Throughput Approaches, Meat and Muscle Biology 4(2), (2020) doi: https://doi.org/10.22175/mmb.9598
a. Table1 / Page2 – Summary of Meat Color Paper Reviews in the past 15 years
2) “Biomolecular Interactions Governing Fresh Meat Color in Post-mortem Skeletal Muscle: A Review” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2020 68 (46), 12779-12787 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jafc.9b08098
a. Table1 / Page2 – Different Mechanisms in Fresh Meat Color Chemistry
3) Meat color is determined not only by chromatic heme pigments but also by the physical structure and achromatic light scattering properties of the muscle Compr. Rev. Food Sci. Food. Saf. 2020;19:4463 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/1541-4337.12509
a. Achromatic light scattering properties of the muscle
4) Extracellular Heme Proteins Influence Bovine Myosatellite Cell Proliferation and the Color of Cell-Based Meat. Foods. 2019 Oct 21;8(10):521. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/foods8100521
5) “Myoglobin Chemistry and Meat Color”; Annu. Rev. Food Sci. Technol. 2013. 4:7999 https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-food-030212-182623
a. Myoglobin Redox Forms and Meat Color.
6) Meat Perspectives: The science behind the color (2019); https://www.meatpoultry.com/articles/22381-meat-perspectives-the-science-behind-the-color
a. Basics of meat color/Brown interior/Premature browning/Persistent pinkness/Cooked color
- Select an article from a web site, book, newspaper, magazine, or journal. Imagine that you are delivering an evaluation to the author.
- The methodology section is one of the core components of the grant. This section is concerned with addressing the question: How will you carry out the project?
- CT5 class 1 – Option #1: Income Statement and Balance Sheet Presentation
- CT 3 – Class 1 – Breakeven Executive Summary
- Deaths due to opioid/heroin overdoses have increased dramatically over the last decade.
- case study 7
- Final Paper on “Seven Myths of Native American History
- Review the information at the American Red Cross web site regarding Blood and Blood Needs at http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-facts-and-statistics. Post your comments about the information on this page that was new to you or surprised you. Post your thoughts of about 300 words by Friday. Respond to at least two classmates posts by Sunday. Remember to include your in-text citations and references – properly formatted!
- C.S. Lewis’ novel The Great Divorce.
- Describe an existing organization with which you have had personal experience and its objective(s).