When you arrive on the scene of a crime, you must follow certain procedures to ensure the admissibility of evidence. For this assignment, you will use a case file of a real crime scene and assume the role of the crime scene investigator. You will create a presentation in which you document your process, present your findings, and provide an evaluation of the scene in a narrated PowerPoint or presentation tool of your choice.
To help you prepare for this assignment, use the Mock Crime Scene to review the steps of evaluating a crime scene.
Choose one of the following cases from your textbook resource:
“He Hit Her Until She Fell… and That Was Just the Beginning,” Brandl, pp. 363–373.
“A Mutilation Murder,” Brandl, p. 670.
Then, create a 5–10 minute presentation in which you:
Identify the tools you used to evaluate the crime scene. Provide a rationale for your choices.
Outline the steps you took to secure the crime scene.
Describe the techniques and procedures you used to process the crime scene, including a list of the evidence collected. Explain the reasons for your procedures.
Describe the steps you took to preserve the evidence and provide an explanation for your process.
Provide photos of the crime scene.
Create a crime scene map that illustrates the crime scene upon arrival.
Narrate your presentation to walk the audience through the crime scene.
Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment is:
Evaluate crime scenes using procedurcixes appropriate for the situation.
- Management Control Report
- How would you solve the moral dilemma of Janet Moore? Try to put yourself in her place. What would you decide and why? Explain the reasons for your decision carefully.
- Project purpose idea: neighborhood community board assessing the risks involved if Con Edison continues with a (specific) project. Transition Risk being the focus- economic losses from a business changing policies and production to more energy efficient methods
- Animal parts used in Fashion industry or Fashion buisness and affecting animal welfare and ethics
- Analysis of W T. Stead’s The Maiden Tribute
- Write a description or details about these two alternatives of action including their pros and cons with details and explanations.
- Animal parts/ products used in the fashion industry
- To what extent can the policy process be described as evidence-based, in your chosen policy area? In what circumstances has research been utilised by decision-makers, and why?
- MBA – INNOVATION, ENTERPRENEURSHIP & TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER
- Substance Abuse Assessment and Treatment Planning Week 14 – Final Exam – Part I & Part II