When you arrive on the scene of a crime, you must follow certain procedures to ensure the admissibility of evidence. For this assignment, you will use a case file of a real crime scene and assume the role of the crime scene investigator. You will create a presentation in which you document your process, present your findings, and provide an evaluation of the scene in a narrated PowerPoint or presentation tool of your choice.
To help you prepare for this assignment, use the Mock Crime Scene to review the steps of evaluating a crime scene.
Choose one of the following cases from your textbook resource:
“He Hit Her Until She Fell… and That Was Just the Beginning,” Brandl, pp. 363–373.
“A Mutilation Murder,” Brandl, p. 670.
Then, create a 5–10 minute presentation in which you:
Identify the tools you used to evaluate the crime scene. Provide a rationale for your choices.
Outline the steps you took to secure the crime scene.
Describe the techniques and procedures you used to process the crime scene, including a list of the evidence collected. Explain the reasons for your procedures.
Describe the steps you took to preserve the evidence and provide an explanation for your process.
Provide photos of the crime scene.
Create a crime scene map that illustrates the crime scene upon arrival.
Narrate your presentation to walk the audience through the crime scene.
Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment is:
Evaluate crime scenes using procedurcixes appropriate for the situation.
- The Universe’s Secrets: The James Webb Space Telescope Research
- Celebrating Cultural Diversity: An Exploration of Traditional African Dance in NYC Essay
- Enhancing Kindergarten Science Education Outline
- Navigating the Complexities of End-of-Life Care Research
- Navigating Japan’s Demographic Crisis Essay
- Cognitive Psychology: Evolution, Major Theories, and Impact on Modern Understanding Essay
- The Impact of Non-Diegetic Score on Mood in ‘The Shawshank Redemption Essay
- The Role of Government in Providing Goods and Services Essay
- Government Access to Encrypted Devices and Personal Communications in the Digital Age Research
- NAICS System Principles and Their Impact on Marketing and Economic Analysis Research