In this Assignment, you analyze the history and evolution of databases. You consider the challenges and opportunities presented by the proliferation of healthcare data, and you analyze the impact this evolution has on healthcare settings.
Review the Learning Resources.
Research other scholarly sources about the evolution of databases, including flat files, early data management systems, relational database systems, and NoSQL
Consider how the recording, storage, and extraction of data has evolved over time.
Reflect on your Week 1 Discussion and consider how data is employed in nursing practice and in healthcare settings.
Assignment (8- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation):
Develop an 8- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
Describe the history and evolution of databases. Address each of the following:
o Flat files
o Early data management systems
o Relational database systems
Compare open source database systems to commercial database systems.
Analyze the benefits and challenges of open source database systems and commercial database systems. Be specific and provide examples.
Analyze the use of databases as the foundation for health-related information systems. Be specific and provide examples.
Provide references in APA style at the end of your presentationthe reference slide or slides do not count toward your assignment total.
Need one more scholarly article in addition to the two below
Harrington, J. (2016). Relational database design and implementation (4th ed.). Cambridge, MA: Morgan Kaufmann.
Chapter 5, The Relational Data Model (p. 104)
Read the A Bit of History section on this page.
Safadi, H., Chan, D., Dawes, M., Roper, M., & Faraj, S. (2015). Open-source health information technology: A case study of electronic medical records. Health Policy and Technology, 4(1), 1428.
- Which strategy should business rely on more? Differentiation or Cost Leadership? Why? Use an example of a local business (can be more than one) to differentiate the two theories and explain weigh up the better option.
- Business Law Analysis pt 1
- 1. In which way did Bill Clinton create a budget surplus in the Federal budget? 2. If you were to remember Clinton’s Presidency, would you define it by scandals or economic stability? 3. What were the reasons George W Bush got America into the Iraq
- Choose one provision from the ANA Code of Ethics. How is ethical behavior an integral part of being a nurse leader? How does one communicate the characteristics of a role model with this provision? Do ethics influence the leadership style of the nurse leader?
- Discussion Response Supporting a Thesis Statement
- Nursing Dilemma
- Discuss three bases of individual power from the article (reward, legitimate, etc.) which you find in your workplace or other areas of your life.
- Consider how it makes your field more reliable, better analyses, detecting weaknesses and emergencies. You may give as many examples of math as you would like.
- Research paper on why there should be stricter gun control laws in the United States.
- APPLICATION ESSAY UNDER 200 WORDS