In this Assignment, you analyze the history and evolution of databases. You consider the challenges and opportunities presented by the proliferation of healthcare data, and you analyze the impact this evolution has on healthcare settings.
Review the Learning Resources.
Research other scholarly sources about the evolution of databases, including flat files, early data management systems, relational database systems, and NoSQL
Consider how the recording, storage, and extraction of data has evolved over time.
Reflect on your Week 1 Discussion and consider how data is employed in nursing practice and in healthcare settings.
Assignment (8- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation):
Develop an 8- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
Describe the history and evolution of databases. Address each of the following:
o Flat files
o Early data management systems
o Relational database systems
Compare open source database systems to commercial database systems.
Analyze the benefits and challenges of open source database systems and commercial database systems. Be specific and provide examples.
Analyze the use of databases as the foundation for health-related information systems. Be specific and provide examples.
Provide references in APA style at the end of your presentationthe reference slide or slides do not count toward your assignment total.
Need one more scholarly article in addition to the two below
Harrington, J. (2016). Relational database design and implementation (4th ed.). Cambridge, MA: Morgan Kaufmann.
Chapter 5, The Relational Data Model (p. 104)
Read the A Bit of History section on this page.
Safadi, H., Chan, D., Dawes, M., Roper, M., & Faraj, S. (2015). Open-source health information technology: A case study of electronic medical records. Health Policy and Technology, 4(1), 1428.
- Discuss about an issue concerning a current social issue or modern technology and write an essay in which you take a position on that issue.
- Identify the three essential elements to management, maintaining a balance between the current culture, and improving relationships to minimize resistance to change.
- Explain how the Act of God doctrine, can be used to eliminate liability in contracts for failure to perform.
- What experiences have you had working with children with psychological difficulties?
- Identify measures to assist the individual to achieve the tasks of his/her stage of development.
- Discuss and analyse the Trifler letters to the serialized articles on natural philosophy and history.
- Do you agree with the concept that individuals self-medicate in relation to stress, coping, and substance-related and addictive disorders?
- Discuss nation-states in the world today, and different types of political institutions are spread among them.
- Summarize, analyze, and discuss some of the key aspects of that Compliance Program Manual, and how some of those key aspects relate to promoting product safety and efficacy.
- Explain how to reduce the use of excessive police force that especially targets communities of color in the United States.