In this Assignment, you analyze the history and evolution of databases. You consider the challenges and opportunities presented by the proliferation of healthcare data, and you analyze the impact this evolution has on healthcare settings.
Review the Learning Resources.
Research other scholarly sources about the evolution of databases, including flat files, early data management systems, relational database systems, and NoSQL
Consider how the recording, storage, and extraction of data has evolved over time.
Reflect on your Week 1 Discussion and consider how data is employed in nursing practice and in healthcare settings.
Assignment (8- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation):
Develop an 8- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
Describe the history and evolution of databases. Address each of the following:
o Flat files
o Early data management systems
o Relational database systems
Compare open source database systems to commercial database systems.
Analyze the benefits and challenges of open source database systems and commercial database systems. Be specific and provide examples.
Analyze the use of databases as the foundation for health-related information systems. Be specific and provide examples.
Provide references in APA style at the end of your presentationthe reference slide or slides do not count toward your assignment total.
Need one more scholarly article in addition to the two below
Harrington, J. (2016). Relational database design and implementation (4th ed.). Cambridge, MA: Morgan Kaufmann.
Chapter 5, The Relational Data Model (p. 104)
Read the A Bit of History section on this page.
Safadi, H., Chan, D., Dawes, M., Roper, M., & Faraj, S. (2015). Open-source health information technology: A case study of electronic medical records. Health Policy and Technology, 4(1), 1428.
- Focus on how the employees that were NOT layd off . How are the behaviors and work ethics change after they witness their colleagues leave
- Comment on the interaction between the child and adult. What language facilitating supports did the parent/caregiver use? b. include any nonverbal communication used by the parent and the purpose of the non-verbal communication. c. comment on whether the language faciliative strategies used by the parent supported the child’s overall language development? If so, why
- Prepare paper’s thesis to be on what makes people happy.
- Write a final paper. This paper should be about 12 pages doubled-spaced and should be submitted through canvas by the date of the final. You have broad discretion to choose a topic of your own, so long as it falls within the general theme of the course.
- How to use EViews to implement the econometric techniques we have discussed in the module.
- Create a new product or service to be introduced by your company. How does marketing support your company’s mission, objectives, and growth strategies?
- Smartphones are good for us but how do They make life easier.
- Submit a Proposition or Opposition persuasive essay (i.e., one essay) on the motion. Make a complete argument either for (Proposition) or against (Opposition) the motion, using sourced evidence to substantiate your points.
- Write a description of each individual song or instrumental piece performed, describe the concert environment. Include the following: A description of the physical layout of the performance hall or venue.
- Write an assignment emphasizing the practical application of Mental Health First Aid training. Briefly highlight the significance of extending this knowledge beyond traditional settings and exploring unconventional avenues to benefit a diverse range of individuals.