IGNORE ANYTHING ABOUT STATEMENTS OF GOALS AND CHOICES!!
Create a project designed to persuade a stakeholder to change their mind or to influence their actions on the issue. You should make intentional choices about your purpose, genre, medium, technologies, audience, tone, voice, design, content, and organization/structure for this project.
The audience you choose should be currently indifferent, uninformed, or resistant to your idea or position. While you will use the information you discovered in previous projects as a foundation for this project, you must do additional research that will allow you to craft an appropriate and persuasive argument based on your position that is tailored to the audiences expectations, background, and values. This will require more research about the issue and about the audience.
For this project, you will identify what genre, medium, form, and organization of ideas will best reach and persuade your audience to successfully reach your purpose. For example: Is your audience best reached through a formal written proposal that documents a problem and proposes a solution? Are they best reached and persuaded through a print or online magazine article that explores how the problem affects individuals like them? I will provide some options for you to guide your media and genre choices. You will want to find models of the genre and form to help you understand the conventions expected of this genre and medium. For example, if you select to write an argumentative essay for a particular magazine, you should read models in that magazine to understand the conventions and expectations of that forum and audience. Or if you write a report to an organization, you should find reports with similar audiences and purposes that could serve as models.
Please Include the following:
– Demonstrate clear purpose & Sense of audience
– Address, beliefs, values, & perspectives
– Organized around a controlling idea, thesis, or purpose
– Is the controlling idea complex enough?
– Incorporate research and cite it
– Organized in a fashion to present to a school board
- Beauty comes in all forms. It is a social idea, a point of view. Research ” beauty” in different time periods and/ or different cultures and analyze why these constructs were or are considered beautiful, decipher reasons. Identify the time period with historical or cultural context.
- After you have watched the videos, choose one of the three companies. In a double-spaced MS Word document (400-600 words), explain how the company you chose strategizes to increase sales by leveraging each link in the Service-Profit Chain. What sales and sevice model(s) do they utlize? Use what you have learned in your course materials, the videos, and any additional research you conduct. Remember to cite your resources using in-text citations and provide a reference list.
- The elements of Use Case diagram include actors, use cases, subject boundaries, and a set of relationships among actors which may include extends and generalization.
- Inasmuch as the US GPS system is daily linked to private and public enterprises, should it be specifically designated as part of our country’s infrastructure? Why or why not? (Provide your reasoning). If you believe that it should, how should it be controlled? (provide your reasoning)
- Review the tsunami basics video included in the previous module to understand the signs of an approaching tsunami.
- How do sexual and gender biases impact the delivery of social services (include health care) to your clients? Based on what you read in the units resources and your experience to date, what do you believe is a successful strategy for dealing with such biases?
- Control of Global Business
- Think about what you have read in the units resources. Identify 1 common theme about social work practice from an international perspective that is important to you as a social worker.
- Determine topic and search for resources – do not finalize that topic until you’ve found at least four strong, academic, sources. Two resources to consider as a place to get started are:
- To what degree are the organization’s strategic and operational decisions affected by conflict and politics?