The purpose of this discussion is for learners to reflect on how to retain and recruit nurses for the future.
This discussion enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
• CO 4: Describe interprofessional communication and collaboration strategies. (POs 2, 3)
• Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
o Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
o Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
o Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
o Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
• Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (as cited in American Association of Colleges of Nursing, 2019), over 200,000 new RNs will be needed each year through 2026 to replace nurses who retire and to fill new positions. National Council of State Boards of Nursing and The Forum of State Nursing Workforce Centers (as cited in American Association of Colleges of Nursing, 2019) reported that about 51% of today’s RNs are 50 years old or older. These are dramatic numbers and represent a challenge for future nurse leaders and managers.
If you were a nurse leader or manager, how would you retain the nurses you have? How would you recruit additional nurses? In your opinion, what do you think the future of the nursing workforce will look like in 50 years?
Your discussion post should look like:
• Paragraph one: How would you retain the nurses you have?
• Paragraph two: How would you recruit additional nurses?
• Paragraph three: What do you think the future of the nursing workforce will look like in 50 years?
• Resources: Where did you find your data?
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2019). Fact sheet: Nursing shortage. https://www.aacnnursing.org/Portals/42/News/Factsheets/Nursing-Shortage-Factsheet.pdf
- Write about Green HRM- Its role in organizational sustainability: Recent research and knowledge emerging in this field.
- Describe the operations that the international firm seeks to perform in a NEW host country (manufacturing, joint venture, or exporting from the home country) and the competition the firm would face there.
- What are some of the opportunities missed in the case?
- Discuss which may be more cost effective vs. which may serve more people.
- Discuss how the quote applies to the main concept being explained in your response.
- Discuss about why a particular situation or setting might call for one type of software over another.
- Describe how classroom evaluation is different from clinical evaluation.
- Can you apply the concepts in the reading to a career in public health?
- What are your strategies for promoting equity in evaluation?
- What was successful and unsuccessful about those responses?