In your introduction, give an overview of the topic, use statistics from your research to show how bad mass incarceration is in our country, and write a thesis statement (the main idea of the essay) at the end of the introduction. In body paragraphs 1 and 2, summarize why Tomlin and Adrianna were arrested, the bail they were asked to pay and their inability to pay, and the consequences they suffered. In body paragraph 3, discuss what bail used to be, what it is today, and the reason why it is used in this way today. Use at least two statistics (one national, one New York city) that support the author’s argument.
Try to use topic sentences to start each of body paragraphs. For example, “One victim of this abuse of bail is Tomlin,” “Another victim is Adrianna,” “Bail’s purpose has changed over time.”
Use a short quote from the assigned reading in each of the body paragraphs. Here is a format for quoting: According to Pinto, “….” (5), Or: “……..” (Pinto 5).
In the conclusion, include a summary of your main ideas and a call for action, for example, “The situation is bad. Let’s work together to reform the bail system.”
At the end of the essay, list the assigned reading and your research using alphabetical order. Here is the format for listing the source: Last name of the author, First name of the author. “Title of the Article in Quotation Marks.” Title of the Magazine or Newspaper in Italics. Date of publication. Web address.
The essay will be graded on sentence structure, vocabulary, and grammar as well as on content. Please edit and proofread carefully.
Use #12 font and double space. Save your essay as a doc or PDF file and then upload it to Blackboard by using the view/compete button in “Essay Submissions.”
- Select an article from a web site, book, newspaper, magazine, or journal. Imagine that you are delivering an evaluation to the author.
- The methodology section is one of the core components of the grant. This section is concerned with addressing the question: How will you carry out the project?
- CT5 class 1 – Option #1: Income Statement and Balance Sheet Presentation
- CT 3 – Class 1 – Breakeven Executive Summary
- Deaths due to opioid/heroin overdoses have increased dramatically over the last decade.
- case study 7
- Final Paper on “Seven Myths of Native American History
- Review the information at the American Red Cross web site regarding Blood and Blood Needs at http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-facts-and-statistics. Post your comments about the information on this page that was new to you or surprised you. Post your thoughts of about 300 words by Friday. Respond to at least two classmates posts by Sunday. Remember to include your in-text citations and references – properly formatted!
- C.S. Lewis’ novel The Great Divorce.
- Describe an existing organization with which you have had personal experience and its objective(s).