Read chapters 9 and 10 in An Introduction to Human Services by Mandell and Schramm.
Your assignment should be 3 full pages in length (with a typical font and spacing this will be 3 to 5 pages) and should use information from the textbook, online resources, and your own experiences. This assignment provides an opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of the reading material. Be sure to document all sources properly in APA style.
Topic and questions related to be answered below:
Mary is an 87-year-old white widowed female with a history of respiratory issues. Mary currently lives alone in a two bedroom condominium. Mary gets short of breath when she completes any of her activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and meal preparation. Mary has noticed these activities are getting harder to complete alone and take her longer to complete. Marys daughter Carol lives five miles away. Carol helps with grocery shopping and light cleaning. Mary states she wants to stay at home for as long as she can.
Using the vignette above, share what you think you already know about the Mary. What more do you need to find out about Mary or her situation? What open-ended questions do you need to ask of Mary and Carol in an initial assessment?
Be sure that your initial assessment questions demonstrate your understanding of empathy and preparatory empathy. Within your assignment, define empathy. Identify what you can do to sensitize yourself to both Marys and Carols situations before your initial visit (preparatory empathy)?
- Discuss the main function of electrolytes and what happens if the electrolytes are out of balance. What does electrolyte balance have to do with execution by lethal injection? Based on what you find, discuss as a class if you think lethal injection is humane or inhumane. If you think lethal injection is inhumane, examine a better alternative.
- Choose a problem that affects a wide number of people. Develop your argument by explaining the problem, stating your solution, and providing strong supporting details to support your proposed solution.
- Select one of the unit concepts to research. Find a current event in an article through Park’s library, that will illustrate that concept.
- The paper needs to include information from the topics “I’m Beautiful but Hire Me Anyway”, “The Beauty Advantage”, and “Woman Valued for Physical Attractiveness “. Feel free to include any other research or information you find after including these. Please follow the order of the rubric I upload all the necessary information rubric, the structure of the essay, etc.
- Analyze the value of networking and begin development of a plan.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of one of the important arguments encountered, i.e. explain what makes an argument or point of view convincing or unconvincing. Concentrate on explaining how economic reasoning, models, and/or evidence are or could be used to weaken or strengthen the argument discussed.
- Federal protection for voting rights, long considered a matter of state law, has expanded dramatically since the founding era. Discuss the constitutional amendments that have brought about the expansion, commenting also on the historical context of each.
- How is newness brought into the world? Compare and contrast how Anne Bradstreet’s “The Author to Her Book” and Mina Loy’s “Feminist manifesto” represent creativity / creation.
- Develop a business plan to start or manage a practice, identify SWOT analysis, marketing plan, key stakeholders, reimbursement, insurance issues, a solid budget plan (expense and revenue sheet)
- Ways Teens Can Avoid Social Media Affecting Their Mental Health