Read chapters 9 and 10 in An Introduction to Human Services by Mandell and Schramm.
Your assignment should be 3 full pages in length (with a typical font and spacing this will be 3 to 5 pages) and should use information from the textbook, online resources, and your own experiences. This assignment provides an opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of the reading material. Be sure to document all sources properly in APA style.
Topic and questions related to be answered below:
Mary is an 87-year-old white widowed female with a history of respiratory issues. Mary currently lives alone in a two bedroom condominium. Mary gets short of breath when she completes any of her activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and meal preparation. Mary has noticed these activities are getting harder to complete alone and take her longer to complete. Marys daughter Carol lives five miles away. Carol helps with grocery shopping and light cleaning. Mary states she wants to stay at home for as long as she can.
Using the vignette above, share what you think you already know about the Mary. What more do you need to find out about Mary or her situation? What open-ended questions do you need to ask of Mary and Carol in an initial assessment?
Be sure that your initial assessment questions demonstrate your understanding of empathy and preparatory empathy. Within your assignment, define empathy. Identify what you can do to sensitize yourself to both Marys and Carols situations before your initial visit (preparatory empathy)?
- What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?
- Do you agree with President Jackson’s conclusions of the necessity for an Indian Removal Policy?
- Is it possible to teach someone to love reading?
- Why is the murder of Lady Macduff and her dramatically necessary? Consider what the murder reveals about Macbeth and the effect the murder has/will have on Macduff and other noblemen.
- Bail Trap by Nick Pinto
- Management Control Report
- How would you solve the moral dilemma of Janet Moore? Try to put yourself in her place. What would you decide and why? Explain the reasons for your decision carefully.
- Project purpose idea: neighborhood community board assessing the risks involved if Con Edison continues with a (specific) project. Transition Risk being the focus- economic losses from a business changing policies and production to more energy efficient methods
- Animal parts used in Fashion industry or Fashion buisness and affecting animal welfare and ethics
- Analysis of W T. Stead’s The Maiden Tribute