This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcome (CO).
• CO8 Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care. (PO 8)
• Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
o Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
o Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
o Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
o Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
• Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
Prior to posting your answer, complete the Week 8 AACN Essentials Self-Assessment (Links to an external site.) linked here. Compare your scores from Week 1 to Week 8. How far have you come? How will you apply this information to continue to improve your informatics knowledge in nursing practice?
Week 8: The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Self-Assessment
Understanding your competencies related to information systems in healthcare provides you with valuable information as you begin this course. Throughout the course you have discovered how course content was related to The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing from the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2008).
You must complete this self-assessment, which is based on the Essentials, prior to posting to the Week 8 Threaded Discussion. Place a check mark or X in the column that best describes your current level of competency or understanding of the Essential’s statement. There are no incorrect answers. After you have completed the assessment, total the number of points you earned. Locate your Self-Assessment score that was the basis for your threaded discussion in Week 1. Share with the group your progress as we have completed this educational journey together.
Congratulations and thanks for all your hard work!
AACN (American Association of Colleges of Nursing) Baccalaureate Essentials Poor
2 Very Good
Demonstrate skills in using patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice.
Use telecommunication technologies to assist in effective communication in a variety of healthcare settings.
Apply safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers.
Understand the use of CIS systems to document interventions related to achieving nurse sensitive outcomes.
Use standardized terminology in a care environment that reflects nursing’s unique contribution to patient outcomes.
Evaluate data from all relevant sources, including technology, to inform the delivery of care.
Recognize the role of information technology in improving patient-care outcomes and creating a safe care environment.
Uphold ethical standards related to data security, regulatory requirements, confidentiality, and clients’ right to privacy.
Apply patient care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population.
Advocate for the use of new patient care technologies for safe, quality care.
Recognize that redesign of workflow and care processes should precede implementation of care technology to facilitate nursing practice.
Participate in evaluation of information systems in practice settings through policy and procedure development.
Total for each column
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED INFO
- What are some considerations for substance abuse treatment with older adult populations?
- Discuss copyright law Amendments in Africa : A comparative study of fair use provisions.
- Examine the key factors related to retirement.
- Write a Research on content production and dissemination mechanisms in the digital media era
- Write an essay Exploring the efficacy of mindfulness based interventions in reducing burnout among nursing staff.
- Discuss Truman Doctrine With the Homo bureacraticus decision-making model.
- Can you think of anything that could have made the experience better for the patient and/or family?
- What other options could the IC have implemented to establish a water supply to support the fire flow for this incident?
- Create a 3-5 page submission in congestive heart failure.