This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcome (CO).
• CO8 Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care. (PO 8)
• Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
o Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
o Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
o Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
o Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
• Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
Prior to posting your answer, complete the Week 8 AACN Essentials Self-Assessment (Links to an external site.) linked here. Compare your scores from Week 1 to Week 8. How far have you come? How will you apply this information to continue to improve your informatics knowledge in nursing practice?
Week 8: The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Self-Assessment
Understanding your competencies related to information systems in healthcare provides you with valuable information as you begin this course. Throughout the course you have discovered how course content was related to The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing from the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2008).
You must complete this self-assessment, which is based on the Essentials, prior to posting to the Week 8 Threaded Discussion. Place a check mark or X in the column that best describes your current level of competency or understanding of the Essential’s statement. There are no incorrect answers. After you have completed the assessment, total the number of points you earned. Locate your Self-Assessment score that was the basis for your threaded discussion in Week 1. Share with the group your progress as we have completed this educational journey together.
Congratulations and thanks for all your hard work!
AACN (American Association of Colleges of Nursing) Baccalaureate Essentials Poor
2 Very Good
Demonstrate skills in using patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice.
Use telecommunication technologies to assist in effective communication in a variety of healthcare settings.
Apply safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers.
Understand the use of CIS systems to document interventions related to achieving nurse sensitive outcomes.
Use standardized terminology in a care environment that reflects nursing’s unique contribution to patient outcomes.
Evaluate data from all relevant sources, including technology, to inform the delivery of care.
Recognize the role of information technology in improving patient-care outcomes and creating a safe care environment.
Uphold ethical standards related to data security, regulatory requirements, confidentiality, and clients’ right to privacy.
Apply patient care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population.
Advocate for the use of new patient care technologies for safe, quality care.
Recognize that redesign of workflow and care processes should precede implementation of care technology to facilitate nursing practice.
Participate in evaluation of information systems in practice settings through policy and procedure development.
Total for each column
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED INFO
- Write an essay on “what are current HR problems in this organization?”
- Explain and evaluate the impact of standards and regulations on the management of health information.
- What is the issue with abortion right now in terms of public health?
- Discuss what you will gain from an education at the UCSF School of Pharmacy that might be unique from other schools you are considering.
- Describe how your personal, educational, and professional background will help you achieve your goals.
- Explain how local governments can collaborate and continue to provide quality public services?
- Explain the biological (genetic and neuroscientific); psychological (behavioral and cognitive processes, emotional, developmental); and social, cultural, and interpersonal factors that influence the development of psychopathology.
- Explain how your educational, employment or other extracurricular experiences have provided you an opportunity to actively engage with diverse populations and/or address health disparities.
- What are the precipitating factors found in those that commit acts of mass violence.
- Discuss Synthetic Marijuana and Hallucinogens such as K2, Ecstasy, Molly.