Identify a health problem in your neighborhood (or a nearby neighborhood) that resonates with you. Identify some of the underlying risk factors in that neighborhood that make the problem worse.
In a 5-to-10-minute podcast, talk with neighbors or community members about this issue in your neighborhood.
Think of health broadlynot just in terms of disease, but in factors that make it easier to be healthy. Here are some examples of themes you might want to choose from:
Are there safe and nearby playgrounds for children to be active in?
Are there places to buy fresh vegetables and other healthy foods nearby?
Does the neighborhood feel safe to walk in? Are streets well lit?
Are crosswalks and bike lanes available?
Are there places for youth to gather and get support from caring adults?
Or other community issues that resonate with you.
Your video/podcast should include:
Demonstration of Public Health Issue in the selected neighborhood
Demonstration of Risk Factors for the selected health issue in that neighborhood
Use data to describe problem in the neighborhood context
Include Examples/Storytelling show what the problem looks like in real life
Description/examples of possible solutions
The video should be engaging and concise
- Select an article from a web site, book, newspaper, magazine, or journal. Imagine that you are delivering an evaluation to the author.
- The methodology section is one of the core components of the grant. This section is concerned with addressing the question: How will you carry out the project?
- CT5 class 1 – Option #1: Income Statement and Balance Sheet Presentation
- CT 3 – Class 1 – Breakeven Executive Summary
- Deaths due to opioid/heroin overdoses have increased dramatically over the last decade.
- case study 7
- Final Paper on “Seven Myths of Native American History
- Review the information at the American Red Cross web site regarding Blood and Blood Needs at http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-facts-and-statistics. Post your comments about the information on this page that was new to you or surprised you. Post your thoughts of about 300 words by Friday. Respond to at least two classmates posts by Sunday. Remember to include your in-text citations and references – properly formatted!
- C.S. Lewis’ novel The Great Divorce.
- Describe an existing organization with which you have had personal experience and its objective(s).