In this Activity portion of the Writing Project, you will finalize and submit your literary analysis essay.
Revising, Editing, and Publishing
Revise your completed essay for content. Look at the overall clarity, focus, and flow. Review the questions provided in the Writing Instruction for this lesson as you revise your writing. Use this checklist to guide you.
Is the claim clear and focused?
Are the topic sentences clear and concise?
Do all of the main and supporting ideas connect back to the claim?
Do body paragraphs contain information supporting the claim?
Does each paragraph begin with an appropriate topic sentence?
Do all the ideas in each paragraph relate to the topic sentence?
Does the topic sentence for each paragraph relate back to the claim?
Does the order of the paragraphs make sense?
Does each idea lead or flow into the next idea?
Are transitional words or phrases used at the end or beginning of paragraphs to create greater cohesiveness and flow?
Does the overall construction of the sentences make sense?
Are all the sentences complete thoughts?
Are any sentences vague or unclear?
Does the order of the sentences within the paragraphs make sense?
Do transitions used at the end or beginning of sentences help to signal connections between ideas?
Revising Textual Evidence
Is the textual evidence that is used to support the claim accurate, sufficient, and relevant?
Is the evidence properly introduced, cited, and explained in your own words?
Reread your essay carefully to edit for spelling and grammatical errors. Spellcheck features or programs can be helpful tools for checking spelling, but they sometimes do not find errors that human eyes can find. Make any necessary changes to fix errors you find with grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling.
Submit the final draft of your essay to your instructor.
This tool needs to be loaded in a new browser window
- Compose a research paper that examines the juvenile justice system.
- Write a research paper addressing the topic of how managers effectively and efficiently use organisational resources to meet organisational objectives.
- Write a paper on the use of clinical reasoning in developing and applying advanced health history and physical assessment skills at the graduate level.
- Write a research paper that explores the relationship between cultural and emotional intelligence and interpersonal communication.
- Explain and summarise the relationship between critical pedagogy and diversity-related issues with the current educational system.
- What three terms best characterise your leadership style? is a topic for a research study.
- What are the main differences between Arizona constitutions and the U.S. Constitution?
- What did the Lending Club or similar P2P lending platforms do to make it easier to attract borrowers and investors?
- Write a research paper on What are the steps in the infection process?
- Write a research paper on how you plan to improve as a learner-centered classroom facilitator.