Write a literature review that will help support a proposed research study, applying scholarly research findings and theories to your selected topic in biological psychology.
As you select articles for and work on your Literature Review assessment, you’ll explore vision and how we see. You will start by examining the eye structure that processes visual information. You’ll also explore learning and memory. These are two of the most exciting topics in biopsychological research. The central hypothesis is focused on how and where memories are stored in the brain.
Using the backbone of what you’ve done in both the Analysis of Articles and Theories and Ethics assessments, utilize what you discovered through the analysis of the literature’s research and theory into a coherent and well-written literature review. Utilize resources you’ve already found to support your work and anything else you want to add. Ultimately, this literature review will support your final piece by making a case for a research proposal.
You will be using these resources to help support a proposed research study of your choosing. Note that the assessments in this course build on one another. It is a good idea to look ahead to the Study Applications assessment to begin to think about a topic you might be interested in researching. This is a good time to select articles for this assessment that will help support your ideas for that assessment as well.
For your Literature Review assessment, use the Capella library and course readings to locate a minimum of ten peer-reviewed journal articles (published within the last 10 years) that discuss a biological psychology topic of interest to you (the same topic you’re using for your other assessments). For example, you might be interested in:
Neurobiology of ecstasy (MDMA) abuse.
Progression of reading ability in a child diagnosed with autism.
Effectiveness of a new drug to treat depression.
You are not limited to these topics, but may choose one of these if you are interested. They are listed to help give you an idea of types of appropriate topics.
Submit your literature review on the topic you selected for this assessment in accordance with the criteria listed below:
Format your paper using the following headings, as well as the APA Paper Template [DOCX]:
Identify the topic and describe the search strategy used for locating articles for the review.
Identify the major themes you’ve located in the literature.
Use the MEAL plan for Organizing Paragraphs and use two or more sources to support each main idea.
Analyze existing studies by discussing their strengths and weaknesses.
Apply scholarly research findings to your topic in biological psychology from at least ten scholarly sources.
Identify the theory or theories used in your articles and discuss how they are applied to the topic.
Apply a theory or theories to explain the themes of the research findings.
Number of Resources: 1012 peer-reviewed journal articles.
Length: 57 pages.
Format: Formatted using the APA Paper Template [DOCX]. Use current APA style and formatting.
- Write an essay on “what are current HR problems in this organization?”
- Explain and evaluate the impact of standards and regulations on the management of health information.
- What is the issue with abortion right now in terms of public health?
- Discuss what you will gain from an education at the UCSF School of Pharmacy that might be unique from other schools you are considering.
- Describe how your personal, educational, and professional background will help you achieve your goals.
- Explain how local governments can collaborate and continue to provide quality public services?
- Explain the biological (genetic and neuroscientific); psychological (behavioral and cognitive processes, emotional, developmental); and social, cultural, and interpersonal factors that influence the development of psychopathology.
- Explain how your educational, employment or other extracurricular experiences have provided you an opportunity to actively engage with diverse populations and/or address health disparities.
- What are the precipitating factors found in those that commit acts of mass violence.
- Discuss Synthetic Marijuana and Hallucinogens such as K2, Ecstasy, Molly.