Choose one of the following books.
Write a four-page report (not including the title page) that addresses:
1. at least 3 main issues raised in the book that are relevant to the class.
2. specific examples of those issues, including at least 3 relevant quotes from the book.
3. how the book applies to what you see in media and society.
4. your personal reaction, including whether you agree with the authors predictions or analysis and why.
Choose one book from this list for Book Report:
-Buchanan & Imbrie. The New Fire: War, Peace and Democracy in the Age of AI. 2022.
-Doerr, John. Measure What Matters, How Google, Bono and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs. 2018.
-Katz, Ofilvie, Shaw & Woodhead. Gen Z, Explained: The Art of Living in a Digital Age. 2021
-Mlodinow, Leonard. Elastic: Flexible Thinking in a Time of Change. 2018.
-Sanger, David. The Perfect Weapon: War, Sabotage & Fear in the Cyber Age. 2019
-Smith, Justin. The Internet is Not what You Think, a History, a Philosophy, a Warning. 2022
-Sisto, David. Remember Me: Memory and Forgetting in the Digital Age. 2021.
-Tegmark, Max. Life 3.0: Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence, 2018.
-Wadman, Meredith. The Vaccine Race. 2017.
-Web, Amy. The Big Nine: How the Tech Titans and Their Thinking Machines Could Warp Humanity, 2019.
-Westover, Tara. Educated. 2018 (available in Spanish: Una Educacin).
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the global financial market or in various countries.
- Discuss the implications these laws and/or regulations have on the business environment.
- Does the number of lies Stephanie Ericsson outlines in The Ways We Lie help or hurt her argument?
- Explain how the conversation change when discerning between acute vs chronic pain?
- Write a report on “business/ credit cycle” based from these two videos : Fear the boom and bust: Keynes vs Hayek and Friedrick Hayek The Road to Serfdom (Episode #139).
- Identify the typical Western Hero Archetype and then explain how your selected Eastern Hero differs from the typical Western Hero Archetype.
- Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
- Integrated Evidence-Based Practice
- Write a program for NASA that will determine if the weather conditions are favorable for launch of a new rocket. It should ask the user for the sustained wind speed and the current daily temperature. If the wind speed is above 30 mph or if the daily temperature is below 41 degrees F, then output that the launch must be aborted. Otherwise, output that the rocket is go for launch! Save the program as RocketLaunch.java.
- Compare and Contrast American, European, and Japanese Approaches to Quality Management