Write a 3-5 page paper that discusses one aspect of applied psychology (applied behavioral analysis, counseling psychology, sports psychology, industrial and organizational [I/O] psychology, legal psychology, or human factors psychology).
This activity gives you the opportunity to take a deep dive into an area of applied psychology that interests you.
Imagine you are applying for a researcher’s position in the psychological services department at a large health care organization. You are among three finalists for the job. The next step in the hiring process is to submit a brief white paper that discusses a specific area of applied psychology that interests you. A white paper is an authoritative report intended to help readers understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision.
Prepare a 35 page white paper discussing one aspect of applied psychology (applied behavioral analysis, counseling psychology, sports psychology, I/O psychology, legal psychology, or human factors psychology). To prepare for this paper, choose from the articles below or research your own. You may use these as sources for the assessment:
Applied Behavioral Analysis
Furman, T. M., & Lepper, T. L. (2018). Applied behavior analysis: Definitional difficulties. The Psychological Record, 68(1), 103105.
Greer, B. D., & Kodak, T. (2018). Introduction to the special issue on applied behavior analysis. Learning and Motivation, 62, 13.
Schmitt, N. (2017). Reflections on the Journal of Applied Psychology for 1989 to 1994: Changes in major research themes and practices over 25 years. The Journal of Applied Psychology, 102(3), 564568.
Lester, J. N., Wong, Y. J., OReilly, M., & Kiyimba, N. (2018). Discursive psychology: Implications for counseling psychology. The Counseling Psychologist, 46(5), 576607.
Oh, J., Stewart, A. E., & Phelps, R. E. (2017). Topics in the Journal of Counseling Psychology, 19632015. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 64(6), 604615.
Human Factors Psychology
Naikar, N. (2017). Cognitive work analysis: An influential legacy extending beyond human factors and engineering. Applied Ergonomics, 59, 528540.
Ghislieri, C., Molino, M., & Cortese C. G. (2018). Work and organizational psychology looks at the fourth industrial revolution: How to support workers and organizations? Frontiers in Psychology.https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2018.02365/full
Grey, I., AlMazrouei, A., Thomas, J., & Randall, P. (2018). Forensic psychology and Islamic jurisprudence. Mental Health, Religion & Culture, 21(1), 2034.
Neal, T. M. S. (2018). Forensic psychology and correctional psychology: Distinct but related subfields of psychological science and practice. The American Psychologist, 73(5), 651662.
Cooke, A., & Ring, C. (2019). Psychophysiology of sport, exercise, and performance: Past, present, and future. Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology, 8(1), 16.
Schinke, R. J., Blodgett, A. T., Ryba, T. V., Kao, S. F., & Middleton, T. R. F. (2019). Cultural sport psychology as a pathway to advances in identity and settlement research to practice. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 42, 5865.
In your paper, do the following:
Describe this area of applied psychology.
What does it focus on?
What does it do?
What are the key ideas, figures, or psychological theories?
Analyze the societal or cultural needs that led to the development of this area of psychology.
Analyze how the history of this area of psychology informs professional behaviors.
You do not need an index or abstract for this paper. Use the APA Paper Template [DOCX].
Length: 35 page paper.
Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
Resources and citations: A minimum of two scholarly sources is required. A maximum of one nonscholarly but credible source may be used in addition to the two scholarly sources. Format according to current APA guidelines.
Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Literary Analysis-The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time-Course Project Novel
- What are the health promotion strategies available to support parents and students to take up the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccine and what is the impact on the uptake of the vaccine?
- Discuss your devotion to your fitness plan. Do you think it is a plan you can do for a lifetime?
- Government Essay
- How appropriate and clear is the title of the article?
- English Paper on Understanding learning styles and how that relates to college students
- Select a text, author, or important concept that we have discussed in Pride and Prejudice; locate at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed article or book chapter, written since 2013. Analyze the authors main claims, the kinds of evidence they use to support those claims, how this article shapes your reading of the course text(s), and how it engages with other research and readings you have done to date.
- Complete a research paper that focuses on the district you attended in high school. Revisit your philosophy of teaching statement. The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate understandings of the social, political, and economic forces that impact teaching and learning by focusing on the specific district that you attended high school. The paper should be 7-8 pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt font, 1-inch margins.
- Spatial correlation and drivers of industrial pollution discharge in Africa
- Analyze the short story and then come up with an argumentative thesis statement of 1-2 sentences.